Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
where was reptile world in capbeltown and when did i t get closed down?

jake0476 said:
Well i heard that npws closed down reptile world in campbelltown for having reptiles on the premises so that pet store should be carefull if what i heard is true

For everyone that thinks that pet shops don't sell herps in nsw you are all kidding yourself. I managed Reptile Barn/reptile world in Leumeah when it first opened. I was offered the position, didn't apply, on the condition that I would not in any way sell herps from the premises. After a few months of the owner repeatedly going behind my back and offering animals to customers, I left.

They closed due 2poormanagement and were also raided by npws.....its unfortunate that a business that had so much potential went down the gurgler because management cared more about the mighty dollar than actually educating and then making money when people became more involved in reptiles.

As for no-one offering exotics to people, I have had guys come to my place to buy a mouse and in 5 minutes tell me about their whole exotic collection (and anyone that knows me will tell you that I have absolutely no interest in them)......ignorance for some is bliss.
meg

Hard to know what pet shops are selling in Syd and what people keep when I live out west Meg. If that's ignorance then my f**ts smell like roses and don't tell me otherwise. :lol:
SLIGHTLY REWORDED BY PARKO

belinda, i don't want to start an arguement but when you said aussie snakes come in same colour phases as corns you are definately wrong. Ever seem a het water pyhton. What about a bright red and striped olive?? Maybe you need to do some research for your self. I don't think its right for you to tell people to do some reasearch when you assumed it is illegal to sell reptiles in petshops throughout australia.

No...I meant that we have snakes that can come in lots of different colours and patterns.

well a friend of mine has a corn snake and there living in australia. yes it is illegal but like that is going to stop people. he got it of a friend and i cant wait till i get my own, though i think i'll bring mine in legally. apparently you can bring them in but it takes forever and they have to go through about 7 years of customs. fun. well toodles :twisted:

Good Idea Gemimma...Tho 7 years isnt worth it in my opinion..As for your friend I hope that he does not get caught as he will land himself in ALOT of trouble.

Like i said i was offered corns and rainbow boas less then a month ago and im going to risk my native reptiles for exotics as i personally dont think it is worth it....not to mention the fine...... for some advice to people who are thinking of getting one, with the feed back i got from people and the imformation i got npws i would totally forget the whole thing.... there is other reptiles that are just as good or better that are native to australia

Well put Jake. You cant get any better than Oz reptiles!

come on guys shake it off, no need to get so heated, everyone can have an opinionn even if other people think its wrong!!!
>Billy<
thats for you meg

hey ben it poibably wasn't even a corn. those guys you met probably had some other snake and told you to come to this site because they new it would cause a big fight

1. theres plenty of exotics in this country and they do get sold from pet shops.
2. it's illegal to import or keep any exotic reptiles in Australian private collections.
3. Laws do get broken, just because something is illegal doesn't mean it won't happen.

that is so true no one, just because it is illegal doesnt mean people wont do it just look at the world its a law breaking place everyday

Meg, I live out west not Syd so you have MISINTERPRETED my post and wow i'm in awe of you my jumpy little friend.

Edited by admin...........
see pm for details ollie

You can buy childreni at wings and fins in sutherland and thats a pet shop!
They do display them in the shop
Frodo,
I have just spoken to the owner and manager of 'Wings n Fins' pet shop and I can tell you they are both absolutely irate at you,and this site, for naming then as illegally dealing in reptiles.They have taken copies of all relevant posts and are going to look at their legal options on monday.
Perhaps you should find out the facts before you go accusing people of breaking the law.Both the owner and manager are licenced reptile keepers and breeders.
You will notice in the shop that there are several signs saying that no reptiles are to be bought into the shop whatsoever,and this is strictly enforced by the shop.These signs were placed there after consultation with NPWS to cover themselves from prosecution if a memeber of the public bought in any illegal animals.I hardly think,with these signs up,that the shop would then go and display reptiles in the shop.
I think it would be a very good idea for you at this stage to publically retract your post and hope that the management of 'Wings n Fins' doesn't pursue legal action.
It's little wonder none of the more knowlegable and well known reptile keepers in this country don't bother posting on this site,along with this thread and the recent Green python one it is pretty clear that this site is full of armchair experts who's actually experience and knowlege is practically zero,yet can't wait to throw in their 2 cents worth.

Well I think that was really harsh Splitmore! You could get a member of APS in alot of trouble! There was no reason for that at all!
Why is it that when new members come their first post is in an arugument...hmm....

It's little wonder none of the more knowlegable and well known reptile keepers in this country don't bother posting on this site

Ok then...So why did YOU join?

rightio, they are a pet shop and the guy working at the pet shop told me i could buy a snake from him when i got my lincense, i didnt see signs there however that doesnt mean there not there. i personally havent seen snakes diplayed there but my boss said to me that he has, thats how i found out about it. at the end of one of my posts i said There must be some explantation cause im sure someone wouldnt openly do something illegal like that but i could be wrong!!

i didnt mean to cause any troubles and i dont what to petray the owners as bad people cause i dont no them sorry if ive caused any harm
cheers frodo
ill get my posts deleted!!!!!!

Dear splitmore,

This site has a large range of members - from young kids starting herping and not very mature to many adults who do avoid confrontation in childish posts and many experienced people who continually help others with their problems. We have many different personalities and I am trying to keep everyone in line as best I can. My advice is always to be tolerant and non-judgemental.

Your opinion about my community upset me and I would advise you to not visit our group anymore after your comment as.....
Splitmore said:
it is pretty clear that this site is full of armchair experts who's actually experience and knowledge is practically zero, yet can't wait to throw in their 2 cents worth.
I think that would be best that an expert of your caliber is not wasting his valuable time with us anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back