Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
peterescue said:
SnakeWrangler said:
Where did I say that the bible is interpretive, there is only one way to understand the bible, of course as with anything there are ways to twist things, as you have done here, but the simple fact is that Lilith is not a real thing, but rather a demonic figure.

Here

"Lilith is a mystical hebrew legend, "possibly" (by translation only)* mentioned once in the bible, although it can easily be shown that a true understanding of the text (by hebrew scholars) doesn't actually refer to a person, but rather a demon like figure. Who was never, nor will ever be, part of the human race."

*Translation from what/ Which of the numerous languages that the bible source texts(edited I my add) where written in are you referring?
The bible was written in 2 languages, hebrew (Old Testament) and greek(New Testament) there have been many translations into various languages but the original inspired texts were in only two.

The reason I said possibly is because one time in the entire hebrew text there is a word that can be translated as "Lilith", not only does this one time have nothing to do with adam or creation, but is specifically speaking of symbollic creatures, therefore even in the one single reference to "Lilith", she is denoted as a symbol of a demonic figure!!

Translation is not the same as interpretation, translation = "what is written", interpretation = "what you understand the written to mean".

Angel, this isn't a religious debate, but rather a debate about the origins of creation. I find it amusing that nobody objects when references to evolution are inserted, but I made one comment about a snake making a decision to change its own biology (nothing to do with religion or creation) and then the topic of "creationism" is brought up, and not by me I might add.

I am quite content to leave this alone. Anyway, without absolute proof neither argument can win.

Cheers. :)

guys i dont really think this is the place for a religious debate... do you?
Religious debates are always fun. Those times I can't be bothered involving myself in them, they're an entertaining read.
Mate lifeless matter slowly increasing to eventually one day become the infinitely complex human being is not adaption, not by any stretch of the imagination.
What is a single celled organism but a specific arrangement of 'lifeless matter'? Cut it down at all and that's all it is. Once you have that then a couple billion years would be more than enough for humans to evolve!

Also, I agree to a degree with what you said about Lilith SW, and wouldn't use that as an argument against the bible ;) All I really know of her is that Jews in the 15th century believed her to be a female demon. Symbols, pendants etc associated with her were sometimes what christians used as an excuse to burn jewish women for witchcraft.
Here is an example of how much "chance" is needed to end up with the world as we see it, and the complexity of this example is so reduced in comparison it shows that the idea of "chance" is ridiculous:
Take into consideration the fact that there are countless stars with countless worlds orbiting them. if the chance is one in a billion, then on every billionth world we would find life. One in a trillion? Evolutionists believe it to have happened in billions of years, not pieces of a computer jumping together. start with a single celled organism. Some simple algae, growing to live without photosynthesis and starting to 'eat' as well, then instead. Growing til it's reached optimum size, evolves into a multi-celled organism that has a competitive advantage. It's really not that inconcievable a notion.

That an intangible presence could create and populate a world is, to me, an inconcievable notion.

But to each their own :) I live happily with religious people, so long as they dont try to convert me.

hey_im_sam said:
start with a single celled organism. Some simple algae, growing to live without photosynthesis and starting to 'eat' as well, then instead. Growing til it's reached optimum size, evolves into a multi-celled organism that has a competitive advantage. It's really not that inconcievable a notion.

That an intangible presence could create and populate a world is, to me, an inconcievable notion.
Swap that around and you get what I believe!! :lol: :lol:

And just so everyone knows I am not trying to convert anyone, just trying to express my beliefs. :)

Cheers.

Farmdog, sorry mate for overtaking your thread, we could have easily transferred this to chit chat so there is no excuse, I hope that you did get the answer you were looking for before we invaded. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back