Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parko

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plenty of members here who have been in the hobby for many years. I'm curious if there is anyone here who has a snake that they know to be quite old, while i respect ppl that have years of experience with many species and value their advice i wonder if any one at all has many years of experience with one particular snake that they've kept into old age.
My guess is that this thread will not get much response....

I get too bored and change animals a bit, but I know of carpets I bred and kept and gave away or sold that are still out there at 13 years, still very young. Cant garranty any older as they were the first snakes I'd bred. Ive only been into it for 15 years.

Good friend has a 17 year old Intergrade.

Lol Rock, ''only'' 15 years. I've only kept pythons for 3 years, though have kept various other reptiles on and off for much longer. I haven't ever kept a reptile for it's whole natural lifespan though so just thought it'd be interesting to hear from anyone that has. I plan to keep at least one or two of my favourite snakes til their dying day's though regardless of how many others i buy and sell in years to come. This way i can see first hand if what i'm doing is best for them or not. Take for example people who say their diamonds are fine without UV and winter cooling yet haven't kept a diamond for long enough to really tell, plenty of people would take their words as gospel because they have had diamonds for 15years but most if any dont have a 15 year old diamond python. Just thoughts that are in my head, forgive me for rambling ppl.

No need to apologise, its a good conversation, 15 years is not long compared to some keepers. Ive heard of older animals but I can only garranty what I know for sure.

Shane told me he has a 22 year old Maccie..

I have a pair of childrens i got 14 years ago, got them off big guy as a matter of fact

That's funny Parko, I was going to ask this question in a thread as I was curious too. So it must be a damn good question I say.....who does own the oldest snake here?....I am a definate non contender as my one and only is 8 months old. But I want to keep him till he has had three hip replacements, four bipasses and has alzhiemers.... :wink:
Jus

I've had mine for 33yrs but it's no way near old! I'm hoping it will soldier on for another 33 at least.

Sorry people, i know a lot of you have better taste than... well me anyway.

I've often thought about this one Parkster.The only age I can guarantee on any of my snakes is a mere 4 years as they are the only pair I have had since hatchling stage. I have another pair allegedly going on 6 but that is taking the word of the guy I bought them off as true.
Don't apologise for rambling as it is interesting rambling :) Come on guys and gals, more input please ?

Oh well there you go, pike1 has a 14 year old pair of childrens pythons, that's pretty cool i reckon.

Bernard the diamond is 10 yo as we know but was just under 6ft when I got him.
A baby compared to Mr Lizard (bluetongue) who died earlier this year at about 28. He died from complications after he was released accidently by my daughter.

peterescue said:
Bernard the diamond is 10 yo as we know but was just under 6ft when I got him.
A baby compared to Mr Lizard (bluetongue) who died earlier this year at about 28. He died from complications after he was released accidently by my daughter.
Yeah it was sad to hear about your old bluey Pete, still i think you did a bloody good job to keep her alive that long. That's what i want to be able to say one day, ''this is my snake/lizard that i've had for near 30years''. Problem is i'm less confident that i'll still be here in 30yrs time let alone my reptiles :)

Now thats pretty old Petey. Ive still got a pair of maccies that i purchased off of Brian Barnett in Feb 95. So thats just on ten years. But my oldest has to be my Blueys as well. Got them as newborns in 92, and they're still goin strong.

Cheers Rossco.

mate has a coastal that is going on to nearly 12 years wich he has had since a juvie my oldest snake has been a 6 year old coastal oldest animal was a bluey that hit 14 years old before the poor girl past away

my male coastal is 11years old and my female is 7 years old,and i hope to have them for many years to come.

my trouser snake is 45,and still very fit and healthy.

G'day all,
I received a pair of juvenile Taipans in 1994.
11 years later they are still going strong.
The female double clutches every year except for the last season. She has produced over 180 young, so deserved a break.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back