Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scale_Addiction

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am gathering information to put to the AHC classifieds owners.

The option refers to when you place an ad, the options available are for sale/wanted & breeding loans. i propose there is a "swap" option template, so that if you wish to swap your animals. rather than putting $1 as a price, and hoping people read the description.

Please vote, as it is important. and one day you may find the option usefull.

Azz

I don't think so, i can't understand why someone would insist on only swapping their animals for something specific. You will be very lucky indeed to find someone who has what you're looking for, who would be willing to trade them and who also wants what you have to offer. Meanwhile there's probably 100 people who will pay cash for your herps, and 10 people who have what you're looking for that want to see that cash. :?

I've swapped alot of herps over the years and got exactly what i wanted, did it a couple of times over the last few months.
The more herpers out there the people their are to swap with.

No, No - i don't intend to specify the exact animal to swap WITH. I just want it to be recognised as a swap, so if others have something to swap, they can easily identify the ad. it is to show what I have to swap, not what i'm after in return.

But can't you do that already (i.e. Water Python for sale $200 will consider swaps)?

IMO all you'd be doing is attracting tyre kickers who have no cash, but would like to know if you'd swap a pair of blue tongues for a <insert any significantly more valuable herp here>

I mildly agree with

have no cash, but would like to know if you'd swap a pair of blue tongues for a <insert any significantly more valuable herp here>

However, your obviously mixing up petlink with AHC, as you can't put

Water Python for sale $200 will consider swaps

in the price section of AHC's ad template, only numbers.

Hmmm... closely read the entire thread again.

The whole reason for this poll/thread was to abolish the need for people to READ THE DESCRIPTION. (not shouting, just trying to make a point)

I know what you're saying, but i don't think it is practical. Abolishing the description i believe is a step backwards?

As for having the 'willing to swap' made more prominent, i don't think this will attract more potential buyers/swappers. People look for animals that catch their eye, if something catches their eye then they read the description & price etc. That's when they find out a swap is on the cards. I don't think people would look through the ads going.. for sale, for sale, wanted, wanted, for sale, oh here we go a swap.. one stimson's python nah already got a couple of them.... for sale, for sale... you know what i mean?

I don't believe the description needs to go completely, as i said above, the poll/threads purpose is to abolish the need to READ the description. (searching to see if its a swap or not)

The description needs to be there for further information, but if i was looking to swap a pair of spotteds (which i am), it would be nice to scroll through looking for a (for example) yellow highlighted ad (to signify a swap) and know automatically that it is a swap, rather than searching through every description.[/quote]

To throw some extra light on the subject, what your saying is kinda the same as saying "why bother having a different ad type for "sales" and "wanted". as you COULD just read through every description seeing if they are for sale, or wanted. i'm trying to make ad searching on AHC easier.

I disagree.. blue means animals available, red means animals wanted. I can understand people reading only the blue ones if they don't want to sell anything but are interested in purchasing. I can understand people reading only the red ones if they are looking to sell some of their herps. But i can't fathom people scrolling through the list looking only for 'swaps'?

For example, someone would need to have the desire for a pair of Spotted's to be interested in your ad, therefore seeing "Spotted Python" with a blue background will get them to read all the details (i.e. sex, quantity, price, comments). I don't think having "SWAP" more prominent is going to attract a single person more than would already be attracted..

Yeah, I actually agree with you on this one Azz.

As has been said, we've used the swap method a few times lately and got exactly what we wanted....you also find offering to swap makes people think about swapping animals that they otherwise wouldn't have sold. we were lucky to get a few herps we really needed for this season's breeding because of offering a swap for specific animals. Swaps coming up in a different colour like breeding loans do on AHC would be great....it directs people that wouldn't normally be buying due to not having money to have a look at it also rather than hoping just everyone reads the descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back