how can i get my mum to sign lisence form

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

i have 35 herps and im 15 my mum too said no to snakes and things when i was little but then i bought a brown snake home on my ninth birthday (not reccomended very dangerouse ) and then she got the point and let me have a few lizards and after a while warmeed round to the snake idea :) i reckon keep hard at her and shell cave :)

thanks
nath

scotbo i think your right i have had a job since i was 10 so i do have a good income and i am ready to keep snakes

ive had reptiles since i was 10, 14 is old enough, im 14 now, and have a big enogh to make my mum go mad :D

I wish I was your age again guys. I'm glad my kids are getting into it now. You learn the most about things when you are young. Imagine the knowledge you will have (or could have) in 10 years time. Knowledge is everything.

Your only young once go for it I say. Put every cent you get into it.

thanks so much thats a great comment for my mother to see that is so true

I went through a phase of wanting a snake when I was about 15. I left it alone until now, 4 years later, and I'll be getting one after I've moved out and can support myself and the snake. I think 14 is fine if your parents are willing to fund it.

I'll get my mum a couple of knob tailed geckos eventually since she likes those ones.

Re: RE: how can i get my mum to sign lisence form

mf2006 said:
about 300ks from the closest breeder its on the n orthern beaches if you know palm beach its near there and close to bondi beach not many people around here keep snakes to snobish

BE careful what you say..... I know a few breeders and some members that are in the vacinity of the Northern Beaches, NSW.

Here's another suggestion for you.......

Take her to the Australian Herp Society meetings at the Aust Museum, 4th Wednesday of every month. Get her to meet some members, quite a few well respected members are on the forum :roll: and she can ask them questions. They are a friendly bunch. If she likes to drink she can follow them to the pub afterwards. :lol: Unfortunately, you being a minor and all..... you will have to wait in the car :lol:

You could always forge ur mums signature like I did in school. :lol:

Goodluck though! I had to wait till I finished Uni and till I had money so you're not alone! Persevere! :wink:

You could always forge ur mums signature like I did in school. :lol:

Goodluck though! I had to wait till I finished Uni and till I had money so you're not alone! Persevere! :wink:

RE: Re: RE: how can i get my mum to sign lisence form

mf2006 said:
about 300ks from the closest breeder its on the n orthern beaches if you know palm beach its near there and close to bondi beach not many people around here keep snakes to snobish
Sorry but Bondi is no where near Mona Vale, Bondi is on the eastern side of Sydney, south of the harbour. Mona Vale is a great place to grow up too, especially in the bushier areas. I had green tree snakes and diamonds to play with when I was a kid.

Just tell her that 1 day she is going to be old & crippled with demensia and it will be YOU that takes care of her, unless of course she refuses you to own a snake now in which case you might just have to put her in an old age home where the nursing staff are nazi's.

gillerman i know i was sterotyping i was just trying to explain it from where someone in brisbane might know and if you know any breeders could pm me with some numbers as last time i put up a thread no one replied to my question bout breeders on northen beaches thanx

gillerman i know i was sterotyping i was just trying to explain it from where someone in brisbane might know and if you know any breeders could pm me with some numbers as last time i put up a thread no one replied to my question bout breeders on northen beaches thanx

if i were you i would i would forget about a snake (for the moment) and try and con her into letting you have a beardie or a turtle they are intersting to watch and dont have that stigma attched that snakes do and the key point... they dont eat mice and rats... i know when i got my python the only thing mum was worried about was their food...
then when you have your licence *BAM* you get a snake :D hehehe
Megz

its brilliant that sounds like a great plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back