how can i get my mum to sign lisence form

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mf2006

Not so new Member
Reaction score
for many years i have wanted to get a snake and she said when your older about 5 times so please help me

i'm almost 14 and 1/2 and i got my snake like 5 days after my 14th birthday!

I know how you feel mate....... i had to wait till i had moved out of home at 21. mothers can be very stubborn so i don't like your chances. maybe just put up lots of pics of some nice animals and leave reptile books lying around then she might get the idea that you are serious and commited and may change her mind. worth a try :)

yeah i got some great pics of reps she will budge if she dosent ill just send it off when im 16

Tell her it is for a school project. :lol:

I had my first Red Bellied Black snake at 13.

What is her real reason? Is it because she doesn't like them or Is it because she thinks it is just a phase?

just scream yuor head off till you get your own way thats what i did. or just get her drunk and say mum i need you to sign her its for the school trip

gillermanshe thinks its a phase as i have had a couple but a three year phase of saving and reaserching i think that im not going through a phase
josho:my mother is a drinker but its still a good plan

Ask lots of questions on here & at a later date get your mum to read through your posts. Explain to her that Snakes don't need as much responsibility as a cat or dog (Smaller living area, feeding/cleaning once a week etc) & you are fit to look after one. I am sure when she see's that you are very keen & there is alot of us Herpers out there willing to help she will come around. Another way would be to get a fellow keeper to visit you both and take along one of their pythons. Have a hands on & talk a bit about husbandry, temprement etc & all should be good.

thanks JandC_Reptilesill get her to read these posts

keep writing your first snake experiences all suggestions appricated

my mum said to me for like 5years nah your not getting one and then she seen a frends stimmie and said oh okay you can get ONE so i got one and then she agreed to let me get another a month later (childreni) so now i have 2 and my mum loves snakes and she want's to get a diamond python and other (witch we will be getting at the end of the year)

mabey i will find someone who has snakes in the mona vale area if you have a snake in mona vale or know someone who does let me know

Tell your mum that you want to get right into it in the hope of looking after sick and injured reptiles later on in life. Explain that they are Australian native animals and that you can make a little bit of side money to support the habit (of which you are more than willing to split the proceeds). This worked with my wife anyway and trust me she is far worse than any mum could be. By the way JUST HOPE SHE FORGETS ABOUT THE MONEY. did i say that too loud? i'll whisper next time.

about 300ks from the closest breeder its on the n orthern beaches if you know palm beach its near there and close to bondi beach not many people around here keep snakes to snobish

All of my anti snake friends have been conned by handling the most placid snake I have ever come across (stimmi) whilst drunk. Maybe a tupperware/ cocktail party with a herper or two is in order.

i ohnosly think owning reptile's is a full time job and you need to have an income because herping isnt all that cheap for example if your heat source die's you need to have money to replace it and it get's quite pricey

Up to you mate if your up for the task go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back