The only good brown snake is a dead brown snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear about your dog zad :( keep your chin up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry to hear about your dog. I work out at the Bne Airport and the other day we had a juvenile brown hanging around the front of our building under neath a scooter - there has been a lot of destruction of airport habitat going on of late and I guess it was looking for somewhere where it wasn't going to be run over by a tractor. Anyway - I dont keep snakes - just lizards - but I was absolutely shocked when one of the girls in my office suggested laying poisoned rats around the workplace area to try and kill it. As i've said, snakes aren't my favourite reptile - but I came to the defence somewhat and told her firstly that it was ILLEGAL

Very sorry to hear about your dog. I work out at the Bne Airport and the other day we had a juvenile brown hanging around the front of our building under neath a scooter - there has been a lot of destruction of airport habitat going on of late and I guess it was looking for somewhere where it wasn't going to be run over by a tractor. Anyway - I dont keep snakes - just lizards - but I was absolutely shocked when one of the girls in my office suggested laying poisoned rats around the workplace area to try and kill it. As i've said, snakes aren't my favourite reptile - but I came to the defence somewhat and told her firstly that it was ILLEGAL to do that and it could could result in a fine - her reply being ''but this is my workplace - I dont want the likes of that around here'' to which I replied ''I've got news for you, it was here first - you move or get used to it here'. I understand moving them from inside but I am of the belief every creature has the right to life - and this creature was outside just trying to live around humans who have destroyed their natural habitat - I felt sorry for the critters. Anyway thats my story - but I would be devastated if anything happened to any of my pets - just broken.

Its a company, they would be liable for anything that would happen, to either the employee or the snake.

Why don't they get someone to remove it.

It's no one's fault,the snake bit the dog.

the dog obviously wouldve initiated the confrontation, ( not making out as if it was the dogs fault) unless some weird circumstance where the dog stood on the snake.

in all situations its NO ONES fault.

you cant blame the snake,you are aware of snakes,precatautions couldve been taken to prevent the dog being bitten.

to say "the only good brown snake is a dead one", is pathetic.

and just like all the other stuff ive heard, i know a mate who gets paid $50 by his boss,for every dead red belly he brings back from the guys property. what did the red bellys do? nothing.

he just wants them exterminated.

i had a mate who's dad killed an eastern brown for being on their land,and his excuse was "it couldve potentially bitten one of his animals", what a load of it.

notice a lot of people call you an idiot for keeping or holding snakes,even pythons.

people's ignorance is ruining the planet.

leave the snake alone,it did nothing wrong.

sorry about your loss but seriously dont blame the brown snake its ignorance like that which caused the original settlers to kill tonnes of snakes, it was no-ones fault not the gods not the snakes no-ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back