new childrens python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darth72au

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day guys and girls, I will be picking up my hatchling childrens python next week and can't wait. Could anybody out there let me know whether their childrens bites much. some people say they don and some don't. Either way I cant wait-this is the first snake I have ever had and have wanted one since I was about 10. (34 yo now)
If anybody can let me know of some good books or web links that would be great.

There is a book called "Keeping Children's Pythons" by Greg Fyle & Darren Green - should be able to get it at most pet/reptile shops, I've got it and it's pretty good :)

Last edited:
ahaha thanks for the spellcheck bunnykin ;)

our spotted hatchy was very bity but soon realised that biting didn't work and hasn't bitten for ages. don't worry a hatchling bite is nothing won't break skin.

my childreni was terrible at biting. but after a few months of respect and patience she has turned out to be a wonderful python. you will have alot of fun.

Hey Darth,
im sure you'll be stoked with ya python mate.
Your asking for web links and stuff, and thought if you read the "Frequently Asked Questions" and have a look at "What enclosure do I keep a hatchling in?" it pretty much explains everything you need to know mate. :) If its not a hatchy, same rules apply but just use a bigger enclosure. You will be right to keep it in a 2x2x2 foot enclosure, or bigger when its fully grown.
Heres the link the the FAQ http://www.aussiepythons.com/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
hope that helps chief.
Bill.

i have a childrens pythons and a bredli, the childrens has only bitten me once (my fault) and has never done it again, bredli hasnt bitten

yeh my childrens python has never bitten me once but i got her at 9 months so i suppose it would b past the snappy stage lol

Attachments

• 04-03-07_1405.jpg
    04-03-07_1405.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the help guys. Will keep a look out for the books. Picked up my new pet last night and he/she has shifted in very well. will post some pics when I have some good ones. Have e decided on a name "Pythagoras slung". The Pythagoras was a friends idea and slung or slang is dutch for snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back