• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Darwin and Murray Darling Males for Sale in NE Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_ashby

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Two snakes for reluctant sale:

1 Darwin Male (Charlie)- great personality, loves to be held. Handled by my three year-old. Approx 5 years old, around 5 foot/150cm long. Prefers chicks to eat. Hasn't been held in a while, but always likes a cuddle. No snappy personality at all. $400

1 Murray-Darling (Vic) Male (Soumak)- Really lovely snake, great personality, friendly and loves to be held. Great starter/kid's snake. Eats well, very pretty pattern. Approx 2 years old, 3 1/2 - 4 foot. A real one in a million. $300. You can have the aquarium he's in for free with the snake (3x18x18)

I'm really reluctant to sell these snakes, but we're moving to Tassie, and the two-headed people wont let me take them. My babies MUST go to a good home!

Both snakes are from highly reputable Victorian breeders/dealers (will provide any info you wish). I've been keeping snakes for 30 years, so they have been well-cared for.

Please email for pictures/details. rjashby(AT)hotmail.com

MD has been sold to a loving home. Charlie the Darwin is still for sale. I handled him heaps today- this is one snake that will never need a hook to remove for his enclosure. I'll attach photos as soon as possible.

Cheers

Last edited:
Here's an older pic

lukespics022.jpg

This snake has one of the best temperaments that you would find. Would make a great 1st snake.

does the darwin also come with an enclosure??

Dan- I can sell you a used but in good nick 5x2x2 aquarium that will do him for years for $200, and for $300 I'll sell the tank, a probe thermostat, a nothing-fancy water bowl, a 55w heat cord and 2 thermometers, which is everything you need, less a stand. You can have the two dodgy cupboard's he sitting on for free actually.

So, that's:
Snake only $400
Snake + tank $600
Whole package $700

You ain't going to beat that price brother.

is the tank heated via the heat cord or is it by lights and your throwing in a heatcord?

No -the tank is heated by a cord- I'm actually using a smaller one on it ATM- the thermostat and bigger cord is from the enclosure I just sold with the MD. I'll post some pics in a sec.

Price Reduced

I'll sell Charlie the Darwin for $350. A REAL bargain at that price.

Hey Bob! Where abouts in Vic are you,, are you willing to freight,, I'm from SA and only beginner,, and Charlie sounds ideal

Cheers
Stroppy

Wangaratta Stroppy.I will frieght at the buyer's expense. Charlie is a GREAT snake, really wonderful personalioty, but I'm not sure he's 100% the best choice for a beginner. On the other hand, the only problem I've had with him has been that he's a bit reluctant to eat anything other than chicken. This can be cured (I was in the process of doing this when I learned that I had to move), or you can just feed him chicks. He loves to be held, and is in all other ways a really nice snake, not to mention a rare one, as Darwins are not usually friendly, according to what I've read.

If you are sure you can get chicks regularly (2-3 a month in summer), or you feel confident you can train him onto rats, I'd gladly sell him to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back