Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that orange looking thing is a diamond ???
It certainly does not look any thing like a traditional diamond .

i know thats why i got it i was told he hasnt sold many kept them for himself

Are you saying that orange looking thing is a diamond ???
It certainly does not look any thing like a traditional diamond .

thats the hard part, i know where that diamond came from, and the guy bought it from matt bonnett, it was talked about on another site and matt posted and said it was from his high yellow diamonds, just goes to show that after all the pics, there are still a few that are not what we think...............

The thing is though..

I dont understand why people buy Diamonds, which look like Intergrades?? Whats the point? Just buy an intergrade if thats what you wanted, I dont see a Diamond that looks like its a Port Mac as something special, quite the contrary, but thats just me I guess..

I kinda want my Diamonds, looking like Diamonds..

The thing is though..

I dont understand why people buy Diamonds, which look like Intergrades?? Whats the point? Just buy an intergrade if thats what you wanted, I dont see a Diamond that looks like its a Port Mac as something special, quite the contrary, but thats just me I guess..

they go bright yellow when they get older and why have the same looking snakes as everyone else

Na fair enough mate.

As I said each to there own.

Well here is a chart I knocked up quickly, I have triple the amount of pics of different pythons, but hell, its friday night I was OVER IT!

Last edited:
The thing is though..

Agree with that one Pugsly ......
I like PM's myself and if i wanted some thing that looks like one i would buy a PM .........

I can see this is just the beginning of the diamond / intergrade / hybrid argument and it is only going to get worse .

First three are pure intergragdes probably from the Port macquarie area or a little further south. Last 2 are diamonds

Brilliant thread. Fantastic snakes! whatever they are. would say i probably got 99% right, but then i am a "DP EXPERT" ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::D

I'm curious.

What's peoples opinion on crossing different localities of diamonds? From all of Your pics Pugs i'm developing an opinion that there is no definate geographic range of DP's and coastals, just a continuous and gradual change in appearance. So would a diamond have to be locality specific to be a true diamond?

Depends if thats what you want.

Personally, I would want a Wollongong bred to a Wollongong, and a Gosford to a Gosford, but, if the two are similar in appearance, then it wouldnt matter.

There are 2 black slugmonsters in there for example, 1 from Kangaroo Valley and one from Wisemens Ferry. I wouldnt have an issue breeding them. But I dont think I would put 2 that look nothin alike together, thats just my preference though.

As long as its got teh diamond characteristics I dont see the problem in breeding a Douglas Park to a Bulli.

But then would you extend that opinion to putting a known intergrade over an intergrade looking diamond? Or vice versa?

That took me ages to read and I think I may finally be starting to understand the differences, a little.

That chat's pretty awesome Pugsly!!! Hmmmm it seems I'm not the only one who doesn't do much of a friday night!! hehe!!

I'm seeing the difference too and the gradual change from South to North! The more south you go it seems the rosettes are smaller too or is that just another variable???

I agree with you Pugsly in saying that I'd prefer to breed either same localities or if locality is unknown then the most similar looking diamonds! When we were looking for a mate for Miss Erwin we went for as close to her markings as possible.... but finding a complete b&W was ALOT harder than I first thought! Well one for sale that is!! So I hope when my 2 breed that they throw more of Miss Erwin's b&w colours!!!

Thanks for sharing your pics everyone.... I know now why I love diamonds sooooo much!!
Cheers,
Mell

IMO, at this stage, while so many people regard 'Intergrades' as a hybrid, breeders should concentrate on breeding locale specific animals. This way you know that the clutch from that particular pair is pure. While there are intergrades being bred with diamonds that look like an intergrades, the confusion will continue and the hybrid debate will continually be brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back