Australian Air Express

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nvenm8

Reaction score
There have been several people inquiring about the regulations for sending herps via AAE. I had the regulations sent to me in the post and then set about putting it into a format so that i could post them here.So through painstaking time and effort (seriously this was hard to do) here they are.
Confused?

Attachments

• AAE Live Animals Regulations.doc
    942 KB · Views: 3,106
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks nvenm8, I am sure many will appreciate it.
I have made it a sticky thread.

Cheers Neil

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that nvenm8.
I think we should think ourselves very lucky that they are flexible with those regulations at the moment. I'm pretty sure that most people don't use wooden boxes, only polystyrene. It wouldn't be a bad idea though to start abiding by them, just incase they do decide to be strict on the day you're freighting and also because the tougher container will help prevent accidental escape or injury.

I have never sent a herp by freight before and after reading that i'm not sure I want to. That is way to much inform to remember. But I suppose when I start breeding and want my hatchies to sell the options will be few. Thanks for the info:p

Thanks nvenm8:lol: . That info is very handy as this is my first season for importing/exporting.

Thanks again;) I'm off to do a box making course at Bunnings :shock: :lol: :lol:

Excellent reference nvenm.. well done.. A tool all herpers can use...

Very few people actually meet with those standards when shipping from what I have seen and received, but as long as common sense prevails they will be allowed. I do know from talking to the guys at AAE since the cubing rule has been inforced people are using the smallest container they can find to save a few dollars , this results in the air vents being covered by all the necessary labling needed, so bear this in mind.

I resently sent a adult snake to darwin, i was quoted 75 bucks, if the package was under 2kg and at the size of 250 mm square. i had reseved the money for the snake and 50 bucks towords the freight. when i checked the snake in they said it would be $135 bucks. after getting the manager down and bitterly conplained about it and how they can justify allmost dubble the cost. i ran out of time and had to put it on the flight. two weeks before i sent snakes down to adelaide, same size box but only 1kg in weight, it cost $28. i think they make figares up as they go along. sorry for the bitch but these people have p... me off.

One package is going down hill ( to Adelaide) and the other package is going uphill (to Darwin).
It is harder to take the package uphill...hence the price difference! Anyway that is possibly how they justify themselves!!!

Just a bit of a thumbs up for AAE: I know they rattled a few cages over the years, & I'ved reamed them myself, but we've found Melbourne office to be nothing but helpful to the point where last shipment we sent out they held the flight up for 20 min to ensure we got the animals onto it.

they were pretty cool when i sent a snake a few weeks ago, helpful even

I just tried to send a jungle hatchie to Gladstone ,
but aparently Q link are not taking reptiles anymore ,
anyone here herd of new directive from Qantus on this matter ,
THANKS

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back