carpet, something special

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by najanaja, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. najanaja

najanaja Well-Known Member

Albino was definantly an option.
    Still may, prob just put her over the male Ax i have hear,though he is no where near as nice

2. citrus

citrus Suspended Banned

Could you put up a photo of the male? Are they related? Do you have anymore info on the line does she have caramel in her line? The reason she might look lighter is if she's is ghost = caramel x axanthic, she might be a super form of caramel instead of het.

3. CHONDROS

CHONDROS Well-Known Member

A ghost is a hypo axanthic
    You can have Caramel ghost which is a hypo caramel axanthic

4. citrus

citrus Suspended Banned

IMO the true ghosts in Australia are going to come from a caramel pairing. The problem is we have different genetics in australia to overseas eg ghost corns recessive hypo x recessive axanthic, ghost boa co dom hypo x recessive axanthic. Yes you could use a line breed hypo coastal but IMO they will look different to the 'ghosts' from oversea. If you look at chocolate rats in Australia they look to be the same as overseas chocolate rats but when crossed to other colors has completely different out comes. Just because these snake display axanthic look and are recessive doesn't mean our line of axanthic is going to act the same way as oversea lines. This is why these projects are so exciting...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. najanaja

True caramel striped was my decision, was close to putting it over a Hypo but my caramel has more charactor

Pairing started :) let the games begin,

6. Goth-Girl

Goth-Girl Active Member

I'll have 1 female when they hatch Thanks..Just let me know..They will be Gorgous!!!

7. najanaja

No worries Coastal-Love

from all my pms, i think ive just about sold all these snakes before they have even bred :)

8. larks

larks Well-Known Member

Here's a pic I took of some hatchlings from my proven axanthics, I put a few in a bucket to show the difference.
    There's 2 caramel ghosts (hypo , caramel and axanthic), one normal ghost (hypo and axanthic) and one normal axanthic in there.

[​IMG]

9. SpilotaFreak78

SpilotaFreak78 Well-Known Member

I want one next season, don't have any proven ax.s yet

10. lexy1

lexy1 Active Member

This is definately causing a lot of contraversy someone else on this sight was just trying to sell off an "axanthic" carpet but when questioned about history etc etc. there was no reply... In my very honest opinion they do nothing for me its a very grey carpet python just the future breedings of snow albinos that get me going... But in saying that i do appreciate the hard work to finally prove these out... CONGRATS Larks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.