Council just came to take my dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i had my siberian husky we put cyclone wire on the inside of our fence [ as its a old woodern fence] so she could never ever get through and do any damage to the dogs next door ..... whats my point -- have u fixed the fence so it can NEVER happen again ?

Like grimbeny said, it seems you are in denial and you did blame the fence + come up with a diff. reason why it happened or try to make justified explanations.. like trainer advice to topic change on BSL.
It was a passing comment in debate they Banned breed in Singapore. (forget that). The fact is, you have a hunter breed of dog, Are you in denial of this? simple yes or no.
Also, if a child gets hurt, you cannot blame the fence. Id get out of it a warning, wouldn't you? Of something that could possibly be far worse where this dog would snap?

You somehow seem not responsible or acknowledge this could possibly happen again, which is scary I think.

Last edited:
Its not a BSL post - but like grimbeny said. You have to accept responsibility for the dogs actions and be prepared for future actions. Which it seems you are in denial of because you did blame the fence or come up with a diff. reason why it happened or a justified explanation changes from trainer advice to talking about BSL.
It was a passing comment in debate they Banned breed in Singapore. The fact is, you have a hunter breed of dog, Are you in denial of this? simple yes or no.
Also, if a child gets hurt, you cannot blame the fence. Id get out it a 'precaution' of whats to come, but you somehow seem not responsible or acknowledge this could possibly happen, which is scary and not right, by my opinion, of owning a killer dog.

It was other people that were trying to make this about BSL. Never once changed the reason it happened, fact is there were a number of reasons and yes I do shoulder responsibility. Bull Arab is not even on the Singapore list, Bull Mastiff is not banned. Yes it is a hunting breed, but not used for hunting, neither were its parents. There are many breeds of domestic dogs that are hunting breeds, including the neighbors Jack Russells. As for your other points, all have been answered previously so go troll someone elses thread.

Like grimbeny said, it seems you are in denial and you did blame the fence + come up with a diff. reason why it happened or try to make justified explanations.. like trainer advice to topic change on BSL.
It was a passing comment in debate they Banned breed in Singapore. (forget that). The fact is, you have a hunter breed of dog, Are you in denial of this? simple yes or no.
Also, if a child gets hurt, you cannot blame the fence. Id get out of it a warning, wouldn't you? Of something that could possibly be far worse where this dog would snap?

You somehow seem not responsible or acknowledge this could possibly happen again, which is scary I think.

This is rediculous. A dog being capable of attacking another dog does not ultimately make it capable of attacking a human or child. You are being completely out of line to judge when you do not personally know the owner or the animal when this thread was started seeking nothing but comfort and friendly ears. You have made your point known and voiced it clearly, no point labouring it now.

ugh, it's pretty obvious Kaoti is taking this more than seriously enough.

Last edited:
Why has this became about attacking children... God some people have problems... Dogs fight hers was bigger it won.. i'm sure if the jack Russel was bigger it would have kill her dog.. Hell if my poodles got the chance they would kill another dog... lol... also.. i don't think kids will break thru her fence and attack her dog... What should you take from this.... EVERY dog has potential to kill if put in the right situation... Dont Just pin it on one breed...

This has become what it has because Kao voiced her opinions about PBs in a different thread, and the immature members who took it personally have come here to insult her in a stab at proving their point about being right. :rolleyes:

I would of told the neighbours their dog was taken by a large bird of prey, and you broke through the fence in an attempt to save the poor creature alas to no prevail.

Went to visit my neighbour a while ago to make sure he was ok and see if there was anything I could do. He was hoping Kaeleb was home. He said the ranger had tried to put words into his mouth when he rang today and was clearly annoyed that I had changed my mind. (They must get a bonus for getting rid of large dogs). My neighbour point blank refused to buy into his goading and said he wanted my dog saved and home. The ranger then went on to harrass him about his Jack Russell puppy because in she is only 4 months old and therefore not yet desexed. He now has to join Vicdogs and register her undesexed or cop the fine. I just think it is so petty and vindictive to put this man through this just because he couldn't get his way. Thankfully it is now totally out of this rangers hands as he has already informed LDH Kaeleb is to be released. So much for the fake compassion he showed when I initially surrendered Kaeleb.

I would of told the neighbours their dog was taken by a large bird of prey, and you broke through the fence in an attempt to save the poor creature alas to no prevail.

It was because I didn't try something like that and I did contact council that they ultimately decided they didn't want Kaeleb put down.

Why has this became about attacking children... God some people have problems... Dogs fight hers was bigger it won.. i'm sure if the jack Russel was bigger it would have kill her dog.. Hell if my poodles got the chance they would kill another dog... lol... also.. i don't think kids will break thru her fence and attack her dog... What should you take from this.... EVERY dog has potential to kill if put in the right situation... Dont Just pin it on one breed...

Could not agree with this more. I was bitten on the foot by a JR earlier this year and by god, he shook it around like a tiger shark! After the event, I was informed that he was a 'problem' dog and had done it several times before. I didn't have the heart to take action against the dog, but I couldn't help thinking that if it was a Mastiff or PB over here (was in the UK at the time), it'd be euthed immediately. I've never feared dogs before, and I've grown up around Danes and Mastiffs, but after that I was quite nervous around small breeds. I think it is so unfair that large dogs get the reputation, while aggressive terriers and such are ignored. It is about how you train and treat the dog, with a bit of consideration about the specific breed characteristics thrown in.

i havent read everything on this blog or i'll be here all day. But i am getting the point that your dog is being given a second chance and is not going anywhere? I am a HUGE doggy (and snake) fan, and was so upset when i read of what happened. Both for your dog and the little Jack Russell. But accidents happen and i am happy to hear your dog will be fine. Shame about the little Jack Russell (i have one of those) but no one is to blame at the end of the day. We can only learn from these experiences and prevent them in the future.

Unfortunately marcmarc with the current hysteria about dangerous dogs they would probably twist it all around so I look like the bad guy.
Now if you and the neighbour tell the media about the intimidating bullying ranger and the image of your dog,which seems to be very photogenic,,you need to try to control the direction they take obviously,,but if you present a united front it would make a great story forr TT..Also,if you need a hand with the fence,give me a cal,u got the number and im not far away.This is a real heartbreaker of a story and my heart goes out to u K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back