Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my albino Darwin twice.
Ransacked the whole entire house for 8 hours, before finally giving up and going to grab a movie.
and guess who was on top of it...
Literally would've walked past it a million times, just didn't look on top because of how high it was. It was a metre away from the enclosure.

And then several months later had three escape while I was away, got a message from my housemate with the snake in the Bathroom at midnight. He wasn't happy, same enclosure, some thing happened, just sheer forgetfulness to lock it up so they can't slide against it.

And I had a stimsons escape, found him in his neighbours lamp a few days later.

And I lost my Jag, found him the next day behind his enclosure.

If there's one thing I've learnt, they never go fair.

My Proserpine coastal escaped once, she was so small that she managed to slide herself between the gap in the glass doors of her enclosure. I was scared for her safety because we had 2 cats, and there were so many places she could squeeze into so I didn't think I'd ever find her again. After my family and I searched for her and didn't find her we had a break.

After a few hours I thought that we should pull the couch out and see if she was under there, and thankfully she was. The couch was only a couple of meters from her tank. She was very cold but otherwise ok, I ended up getting some weather strip to put between the gap in the glass so she never escaped again.

The only other escape was a 6ft Atherton Jungle I had. I'm guessing that he must have slithered against one of the glass doors and it slid open. My brother came and woke me up at 11:00 at night to tell me that Spice was out and that he was nose to nose with one of our cats. That could have gone very badly but didn't. When I got up I found Spice behind 2 small tables that I had enclosures sitting on. He kept wrapping around them and didn't want to be picked up lol. I put a lock on his tank after that and it never happened again.

My Bredli escaped about 2 weeks ago, she managed to move the dowel that goes through her click clack and then squeezed through the hole left (now secured with bulldog clips). Looked for her for a couple of hours, including moving everything out of the room the enclosure is in but couldn't find her. I'd got sweaty so I went and had a shower, came back into the room and grabbed some undies from my cupboard and there she is. The funny thing is that the section where I have my undies is atleast 5.5' off the ground, no idea how she made it up there.

My albino darwin escaped once. I dismantled the entire house then found him in a cardboard tube a meter from his tank.

My tarantula would like to escape but I hope she doesn't :)

DSC_0083_edited-1.jpg

I'd be more scared of a tarantula escaping than a snake haha. I like tarantulas though, I think they're interesting creatures but I'd much rather they stay contained... would hate to wake up with one crawling on me and have to frantically get up and do the "get off me" dance. :lol:

Haven't lost a snake but have lost geckos, one night i fed my marbled geckos 2 male 2 female everything was good, fed them, turned the light off and walked out of my room, came back in then went to bed ... Was thinking that I've forgot something but I just fell asleep ... Anyway I woke up at about 5 am and noticed a dark looking thing on the top bit of my wall where to ceiling was ... So I turned my phone on its has a flashlight and sure enough it was a gecko ... Then I shinned it into the geckos enclosure and noticed I forgot to close the enclosures lid (it was a click-clack) so I got up and went to turn my light on but nothing happen sure enough the bloody power had gone out 'great' I thought anyway with my flashlight on i tore my hole room apart and found 1 male in my folded up cloths, 1 female be hide a picture frame and the other male was up on the celling but no sign of my other female, so after 3 hours or so I gave up. I would leave my door closed with another click-clack with a few crickets in it but nothing even after a week ... But after about the 9th day I went into my room looked around NOTHING, but just on my way out there she was right above my door, I was so happy to have all four back in there enclosure... And everything I feed them I always check that the hatch is closed.

ha I was living at a caravan park at one stage for a short period. I had my stimsons with me everything was fine. then once I fed him I also forgot to close his enclosure door. next day I went to grab him and realized he had escaped through to open slide. I tipped the whole place upside down and he was gone. into the bush he went. around 4 weeks later if not more I was drinking with my partner and went to grab another drink from the fridge, I opened the fridge door with the glow reflecting upon the floor lighting up what was infront of me was a snake slithering by. I was so surprised I was jumping around I grabbed the snake up immediately with no hesitation, my snake I yelled hes back. and forever I was happy again :)

I watched my 6ft Bredli wedge her wooden tree branch into the perspex front glass then use her body to pop out the perspex enough to squeeze her head and eventually half her body through the tiny gap on her way out into the classroom. Thank God I was in there and not a relief teacher or something! Our whole class watched her - the clever girl. We were almost disappointed to have to return her back to her box after so much effort. Needless to say, the lid now has a lip on it to prevent it happening again. Nice one Es!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back