GTP - Unusual fast slough

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzmixer

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just a quick quirey, I had my 11 month old GTP slough on the 30/11/12 and then again on the 16/12/12. Is this something i should worry about? I've never seen any of my other pythons slough that close together. Both where perfect sloughs though. It feeds on Fuzzy Mice, once a week, usually on a saturday evening. Humidity wise it gets a daily mist in the morning and then slowly dries out through out the day, its kept at 30 degrees at perch level.

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.

nothing to be concerned about IMO.....just one of those things solar 17

Ive had this happen before with my darwin.. slough almost a month to the day from the last..

nothing to be concerned about IMO.....just one of those things solar 17

Well that’s good to hear then. I’ve been double checking, even triple checking the research I’ve done plus all my notes and this is the first time this has happened. Thanks for the quick response :)

Happened to my Spottie. Nothing to worry about :) Just a growth spurt, as I call them :D

FYI, the only time for you to get worried over these things is if he is shedding that quickly, not eating, and losing body weight. That means something is wrong because snakes shedding can also mean they are trying to heal themselves from a disease, parasites, etc on the inside or outside of their body in some cases. Please, don't bash me up about this because it happened to my friends boa in America only 3 months ago...
-thanks, sharkyy

:) nothing to worry about one of my greens seems to have a swollen head everytime i look in her tank like she needs to shed. Yet the others dont shed as often. Just means the little one is growing. Also, uve got to appreciate a full shed from greens i know i do i dont like having to assist shed the last little bit on the greens...

ive had the same but with a woma (i know totally different species etc) , it was when she was younger , she shed and then from only 2 feeds spaced 7 days apart she would shed again , she did this 4 times in a row then stopped for a few months until i upsized when she did the exact same thing again , shed from only 2 feeds spaced 7 days apart , i was told by a few people that its just a growth spurt and not to worry , i now feed her 10 days apart and her sheds have been spaced "normally" since

This happened to my diamond python when she was about that age. She shed 12 days apart. I just put it down to a growth spurt. She's now 8 years old & still going strong, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back