HELP! heat lamp, electricity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was taken from this thread.....

That was taken from your original thermostat thread.....

Excuse me?? Last I checked heat mats don’t emit light...
I offered advice as I use the same thermostat with a ceramic heat globe and had issues setting mine up as the instructions mine came with were wrong. After a few PMs with you I ran through all the settings I have in mine trying to help you out.

I find this just plain rude, having the same thermostat by no means makes me an expert but I was trying to help. Perhaps next time I just shouldn’t waste my time.

I didn’t reply to this straight away as I don’t like arguing with people but seriously, have some manners we were trying to help you and this is the thanks we get?

Actually you have it wrong.

That first thread was about the heat mat. I since scrapped that and have only needed to use a heat bulb. So no I wasn't saying a heat mat emits light. Really? Come on. I might be new to all of this but I'm certainly not an idiot.

Secondly, where was it that you actually gave me instructions on how to use the thermostat with the heat mat and where to place the probe etc? Because I was looking and couldn't find any other post from you than your first one about the sockets being labelled wrong and I have no PM's at all. So that's a lie.

So really you've gone ahead and assumed what I said was about you when it wasn't. You didn't even cross my mind when I wrote that. You are confused. I never referred to you at all thank you very much.

It's certainly not true.

Meanwhile... 24/7 heat lamp not a good thing, a photoperiod is advisable. 24/7 heat source (non light emitting) better and plausible depending on the set up.

Why isn't it good? No one has ever advised me against it, if anything I've been told its good to have a 24/7 basking spot so they can have access to it when preferred.

My heat source is a red infra red bulb. Apparently they don't see red light and my python hates direct light so it shouldn't be a problem for her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back