Help! My blue tounge is badly injuried...

Discussion in 'Herp Help' started by Clazza123, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Clazza123

Clazza123 New Member

So I'm 38 weeks pregnant and in early labour so stuck on bed rest.. Also live 1 hour to the closet vet. Was hoping you guys could help me. Partner was cleaning his tank/cage when a log dropped on him. He has since been sorta curled up with his head over his back. He seems to be in so much pain. He is drinking and eating a little bit but is laying curled up. Any one have any idea what to do???
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2019 ---
    Here is a photo

image.jpg
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jan 2, 2019 ---
    Please if anyone can tell me how I can help him would be really good. Any advice. I’m currently thinking that putting him out of his misery would be the best option...

2. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

Sorry to hear your BF is such a clutz.I'd wait till the morning just on the off chance,if no better then do the humane thing and freeze him. I know it's not what you want but you don't want him to suffer

Bl69aze likes this.
  3. nuttylizardguy

nuttylizardguy Active Member

I don't think I'd be freezing him , if he needs be euphanized , this is best done by a vet. Freezing a reptile while still alive is very painful to them.

There is a chance he's broken his back , xrays are in order if he's still alive tomorrow. He may just be bruised. I'd not be so quick to write him off and would be arranging to have someone you know and has a car take him to vet if you can't , and your husband can't / wont leave you at home to do this.