Hey All New Snake Owner.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good advice, anouc. I agree, and I think you will find that you're efforts will go into keeping him cool, rather than warm :) Hence, I think he'll be fine til Friday.

Yes remember that they are adapted to surviving in cooler climates, have a look at their natural range. Consistent high temps can kill them over time. There are a number of threads relating to this issue, do a search and read as much ad you can.

cools thanks peoples. So what about feeding then shouldnt i still have the warm side atleasy for a few hours a day. I am just worried I researched heaps on snakes as I wasnt expecting to get a diamond but then when i went and see it i couldnt resist. I just want to be sure i am doing the right thing and wasnt expecting the different requirements.

awesome snake mate. How are u going with it all now?

Thanks. It seems fine but still need the thermostat. Just cleaned a branch to put in there that might cheer it up abit.

buy a pulse proportional thermo or a dimming one on off thermos suck and are a waste of time in my oppinion

it is most certainly a diamond and by the looks is gunna have some nice yellow collouring ooojooo these snakes are rather dull as hatchies but shine more and more with each shed wait till its a yearling it will be a completely different looking python the yellow flecks start coming out on each scale. Was it bred in qld?
it dosent look like a dimond it looks like a coastal carpet?

Yeah it was bred in Toowoomba. The father is beautiful almost white and black. Will a pulse or dimming thermo work with a heat mat?

Hey all again just thought i would let everyone know i just went over to the "local" pet shop 50km away and i rang them the other day and got them to get me in a urs thermostat plus which i brought today and i also brought a uv fluro globe thing for the little fella see how it goes in the next few hours.. Cheers Dan..

Good work, mate. Just remember to make sure your lights are all covered, so as your diamond can't burn himself or squeeze the fluro and break the tube :)

Thanks Kristy cause i got him in a click clack i got the light outside of it. I still cant get the little one to eat thoe. I am going outside to catch some lizards to rub on the rats and hopefully this will work. I will let everyone know anyways..

dont bother setting up the uv outside of the click clack, the uv will be blocked by the plastic. take him outside for a little while a couple of times a week until he is in his 'big boy tank' and you can set the UV up in there, with a cage around it of course.

hey Jax thanks for the advice. I dont wont to handle it to much at the moment cause i still cant get it to eat. It has been a week monday since i picked it up and today i tried to feed again but still no interest. I tried even rubbing a skink on it nothing then i tried something called braining where you put holes in the head of the rat still nothing. It seemed like it wanted it like it licked the rat and all but no strike or anything so i eventually threw it in the bin, the rat that is not the snake. I just really want it to eat so i know it is all good. Cheers Dan..

Hey Dan,
don't worry at all about trying to get him to eat at the moment.
Get your set-up (click-clack) and temperatures correct, water bowl and somewhere to hide, leave him alone for a few days (even up to a week or two) then try again.

Hey All,
Little fella just ate his first rat. So happy and excited for it. Hot end is around 29 and cool around 21 at the moment. Here are some pics.

100_0867.jpg
100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg
100_0866.jpg

Hey all again, my snake had another rat today. Was told to feed it abit more because it was born in January and it is so small and is still on pinky rats. It scoffed it down like a little pig. Was so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back