Hey There. Pictures of my new Bredli!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefridge71

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have only asked a few questions on the forum so far so thought I'd introduce myself here. Have always wanted to have a snake since going around Australia when 8 years old and seeing a large Olive Python in Glendambo Caravan Park as a youngster. I have been seriously researching it for the last year and a half and after my partner bought me an enclosure for my birthday, I went ahead and got a Bredli from a breeder in Melbourne.

So far I am extremely happy with him. He is a very good handler so far, and is really beginning to come out of his shell (or hide rock in this case) in the cage and lie around basking and relaxing. I have had him for 3-4 weeks and he has already smashed two 50g rats without questions, and looks to be going into a shed in the near future.

Anyway, enough talking and some photos are in order.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

[video=youtube;Jz69WgSrmMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz69WgSrmMQ[/video]

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
wow in that last photo he has really brightened up is that just the picture qualities or is that how hes come up after sheds?

just thought i would ask cause i got a lil bredli hatchy shes 4months old, bredlis really intrigue me

Hey Bluey. Have only had him for under a month. He hasn't shed yet, but he is due very soon. I think the brighter skin has to do with the fact he is in his enclosure, therefore under the UV fluorescent light in it. In the other photos he is out of his enclosure and the colour doesn't show up as well. The last photo I also took with manual focus rather than auto on the camera so it will be a bit better quality. I don't know a hell of a lot about snakes other than what I have read, but I believe their colour definitely improves after each shed. Mine has probably had a few more than yours has, being a bit over a year old now.

Best of luck with your hatchy. Put up some photos, I would love to see them :)

Hey Bluey,

I love the natural colourings of your Bredli. I had no preference in the end and the hypo was a better handler out of the breeders clutch but I really like the classical colouring. Your snake is quite large for a 4 month old I would have thought! Looks like it handles well!

Thanks for the photos.

Tom

yeh she handles beautifully was a little squirmish gettin her out of her click clack at first but now i pick her up with ease, shes roughly 50cm

she was born on the 28th of january

Far out she is growing quickly. Mine is fine once he realises it is me. I always slather some disinfectant on my arms and hands before handling him and once he has a sniff he relaxes. I can't get him back in the cage most of the time, he loves coiling around my arms and coiling in my hoodie or pocket :)

I dont feel comfortable when I can't see his head though so I try to guide him back around the front

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 123
yeh i still get a lil funny with her i know shes a hatchy her bites wont hurt but still spooks me out a lil im alot more relaxed but with her but i cant wait till shes a lil bigger, do u know the sex of yours?

Yeah its a male I am led to believe. I have been tagged a ciuple of times, just feels like he is hitting his head into me. You literally do not feel anything.

yeh ive been tagged by hathies b4 it feels more funny than anything

Nice bredlis guys :)

They look around the same size as my two.

I've been taking a heap of pics so that when they're older I can compare them back to when they were hatclings :)

My female used to be pretty nippy but she's calmed down a lot. Still unpredictable but manageable now. If I didn't see her bite me, I wouldn't even know lol.

oh true yeh i havent been tagged by my bredli hatchy yet i dont think i will either shes very placid, but been tagged by hatchy spotteds b4

Ity was amazing the first time I copped it. Saw his head move quickly and hit my hand between my thumb and first finger. He then moved back, looked at it and all I could see was a tiny bit of broken skin and a bit of saliva from the snake. Didn't feel anything and it didn't bleed. The only other time he got me was in the exact same spot and it bled a tiny bit, but still was only broken skin and saliva. Didn't feel it again.

umm go to settings im pretty sure i think there should be a link in there about becoming a subscriber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back