I think I might have my ambitions mixed up with my capabilities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hormonal headache before i started so a migraine was probably on its way anyway:rolleyes: the only thing that will help is some strong painkillers and a very dark quiet room..... but with a 3 yearold and no real family support that isnt going to happen.

im excited that its moving ahead and i also will have heaps of pondtite left for the next project, a huge tv cabinet, that will eventually be for my hypo and classic bredli pair.

how you going Jax, hows the projects coming along? i see in another thread that your going to be working on a bali style theme. i had a similar idea , my step son is Cambodian and we attended the buddest temple for kmer new year on salisbury highway and all i could think of was a snake enclosure lol, im also trying to work out how i could do a verandah as a enclosure.... i was thinking that a tin roof would make a nice hot basking spot, but havent had time to fully brainstorm either

I had a hormonal headache before i started so a migraine was probably on its way anyway:rolleyes: the only thing that will help is some strong painkillers and a very dark quiet room..... but with a 3 yearold and no real family support that isnt going to happen.

im excited that its moving ahead and i also will have heaps of pondtite left for the next project, a huge tv cabinet, that will eventually be for my hypo and classic bredli pair.

how you going Jax, hows the projects coming along? i see in another thread that your going to be working on a bali style theme. i had a similar idea , my step son is Cambodian and we attended the buddest temple for kmer new year on salisbury highway and all i could think of was a snake enclosure lol, im also trying to work out how i could do a verandah as a enclosure.... i was thinking that a tin roof would make a nice hot basking spot, but havent had time to fully brainstorm either

Hormonal headaches/migraines suck big time. and toddlers just add to the fun ! !

Its the current one that has the Bali theme. the secret one is still secret. :p

Just a little bit of a tip guys i found i could mix acrylic paint into pondtite and it still works ,,,, i did this as i found the sandstone colour dry far to light for me .... so might be worth a try for you guys ... it was just acrylic art paint :)

I have just used clear pondtite, but will keep that in mind for the future... the oxides say they can be added to liquid so they mite also be a good choice

Please post pics when your better :)

will do, there isnt much to show ATM it just looks like a shiney version of how it looked before.... i really liked it til i put the pondtite on, now im not so sure, but its all bout illusion ( thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol)

Hormonal headaches/migraines suck big time. and toddlers just add to the fun ! !

Its the current one that has the Bali theme. the secret one is still secret. :p

i can keep a secret;)

I have just used clear pondtite, but will keep that in mind for the future... the oxides say they can be added to liquid so they mite also be a good choice

will do, there isnt much to show ATM it just looks like a shiney version of how it looked before.... i really liked it til i put the pondtite on, now im not so sure, but its all bout illusion ( thats what i keep telling myself anyway lol)

i can keep a secret;)

Oh cool they didn't have clear here lol ..... But its handy to know you can mix colours to it

Last edited:
Oh cool they didn't have clear here lol ..... But its handy to know you can mix colours to it

clear covers more area and im always on a budget so clear is the only one i buy lol

i reckon you stole my flintstone idea didnt you Jax LMAO:lol:

i havent tried that yet, and i need some more oxide, so i might have to think of something to try it on....

ok some updated pondtited pics.... im really not liking it at all, has made it very metallic with the grey paint.

i have also attached a pic of the small wall i have been working on for my little 30*30cm tank i use for hatchies. i much prefer how the red dessert type walls come out than the grey one has, will remember that for next time

Attachments

• rockwall2 038.jpg
    rockwall2 038.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Copy of rockwall2 040.jpg
    Copy of rockwall2 040.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Copy of rockwall2 039.jpg
    Copy of rockwall2 039.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Copy of rockwall2 041.jpg
    Copy of rockwall2 041.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 102
This is where the fine steel wool comes in. It's available at bunnings, (under the sandpaper at my local one) it comes in different grades. You only need a gentle rub just to knock the shine off, it's not as time consuming as it sounds, you'll be surprised how quick you'll lose the shiny metallic look. Do the same thing on the red wall to, but only on the vertical surface that the light will bounce off of. Leave the horizontal alone, it will make puddles easy to clean up

This is where the fine steel wool comes in. It's available at bunnings, (under the sandpaper at my local one) it comes in different grades. You only need a gentle rub just to knock the shine off, it's not as time consuming as it sounds, you'll be surprised how quick you'll lose the shiny metallic look. Do the same thing on the red wall to, but only on the vertical surface that the light will bounce off of. Leave the horizontal alone, it will make puddles easy to clean up

it really does sound time consuming but considering i dont have a snake to inhabit it should take the time to do it.i need to grab a couple things from bunnings anyway ( like always lol)

Honestly it's quick. It's as easy as trying to get the kids breakfast off the breakfast bar, the fine grade won't gouge into it like the coarse stuff if you're gentle, it really doesn't take much to deglaze it

ok i got the steel wool stuff yesterday, the finest grade i could get ( note to self next time buy the big box) it has taken the edge off the shine. there isnt much use putting up pics coz it just doesnt look much different. I need to get the light wired.... was going to attempt it myself but i have chickened out and will get an electrician out to wire this one and my next one (will need 3 lights in the next one) at the same time to minimise the cost. ...i mite actually give one a call and see if it will just be cheaper to buy pre wired fittings. anyway not much else to report, back when i have some updates

It is cheaper and you shouldn't be attempting wiring yourself even if you are competent at it, if push comes to shove and the house is damaged your insurance wont cover it....
I work with sparkies every day, dont mess with electricity ! ! ! if it kicks it hurts. and causes major damage,

You'll notice the lack of shine once the lights go in, it wont look too different without the lights not in there / off.

It is cheaper and you shouldn't be attempting wiring yourself even if you are competent at it, if push comes to shove and the house is damaged your insurance wont cover it....
I work with sparkies every day, dont mess with electricity ! ! !

LOL hence the reason i stopped... hubby is a cheapskate ( who cant even change a tap washer) and he wanted me ( the handyman LMAO)to do it but i had a word with him about insurance and he is now on my side. Did you mean the prewired ones will work out cheaper???? Any of those sparkies you know live in the northern suburbs and want some extra$$$$ then let me know;)

LOL, the cost of a prewired one will be cheaper than a sparky, some of the prewired ones have a drop of solder over the screw but thats easily removed, just make sure you mark what wires go to which terminal, you un- wire it, feed the wire through the hole, then wire it back up.

LOL, the cost of a prewired one will be cheaper than a sparky, some of the prewired ones have a drop of solder over the screw but thats easily removed, just make sure you mark what wires go to which terminal, you un- wire it, feed the wire through the hole, then wire it back up.

thats what i have done for my woma enclosure..... mite have to do it with the rest, i better get shopping:)

Last edited:
Far out Brussel sprout i just got a quote on getting my tank wired $45 and im supplying the cord and fitting... you really r right Jax it is cheaper to get a pre wired socket!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back