Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoga

Reaction score
Someone has asked me to clarify the IDs of the snakes in these photos for them.......would like to hear some ideas from the experts. I won't say what they have them listed as at this stage. Apologies for the poor image quality...it's all I've been given.

IMAGE 1
Picture3.png

IMAGE 2
Picture4.png

Top one looks like a Inland Taipan, bottom one a brown snake. Let's see how wrong (or not) I am :D

well Kathy I wouldve said the same ,,,,but lately my track record Jonnos probably got another lot of ammo.....fire away mr ERD :)

I think (i'm most likely wrong)second snake is a Rough Scaled snake, Tropidechis carinatus. Not sure about the 1st

the first one looks like a fierce snake and the second a coastal taipan

I did toss the thought of the 2nd one being a coastal but I thought they were redder than that. But then colour varies from different locations. But the black spots on him made me vote for brown.

just realised what i wrote i think they are both forms of taipans the second being coastal

Im not an expert but they both look like brown snakes to me.

with those photos it is kinda hard to tell.

depending on where they came from, 1st one could either be a western brown or an inland tiapan. Second could be a dugite if from the west. (explains the random black scales) .. if it is from the east more likely just a brown.

My opinion anyways...

yeah im going to say both brown's
i wasnt game to say because of my track record :lol::lol::lol::lol: if going on photo I could say that the top one looks like a ingrami ...but it also looks like it could be a inland ..not all species are obvious to the untrained eye ,and as a non expert can only take a stab at what the pic looks like or what I know ,,,which isnt always correct ...

i wasnt game to say because of my track record :lol::lol::lol::lol: if going on photo I could say that the top one looks like a ingrami ...but it also looks like it could be a inland ..not all species are obvious to the untrained eye ,and as a non expert can only take a stab at what the pic looks like or what I know ,,,which isnt always correct ...

At first glance, I thought the first one was a Brown ( Western) too..but going off your track record, I think I have to change my mind ;)

iam leaning towards ingrams has well

ok with the risk of more ammo for Jonno ..I am gonna bite the bullet and say top pic :Ingrams brown snake....and bottom pic : common eastern brown ....will stick with this and face the firing squad :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back