• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Juvenile Male Water Python For Sale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have for sale, one juvenile male Water Python. He hatched late November 2005, making him about 9.5 month old. He is currently about 95cm long and a great feeder (I've only ever given him thawed mice, but I'm sure he would also take rats). He has only been handled a total of about half a dozen times since he hatched, he can be a bit cage defensive, but handles well once he is out.

I'm asking $180, yes, I'm willing to freight.

I'm in Melbourne

I can be contacted on 0403 267 495

or email

[email protected]

You're going to ask for pictures if I don't post them, aren't you? :p I took these this morning.

Here he is

MaleWater.jpg

MaleWaterHeadShot.jpg

And I'll take any excuse to post a couple of rainbow pictures ;)

Rainbow2.jpg

Rainbow.jpg

Cheers.

*checks tyres for scuffs*

Hi, I am very interested in your male water python. Can you please tell me if he is a snappy python and what his tempermant is like. It would be much appreciated.
Cheers Nikki :D

Nikki and RevDaniel: sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I'm PMed you both, feel free to get back to me if you have any more questions.

I haven't handled him much at all (only two or three times in the last six months). From the small amount of interaction I've had with him, he seems to handle well outside of the enclosure but is snappy while inside. When I took him outside for the pictures yesterday I let him crawl over my shoulders and head etc, but with so little handling, I really can't make a 'completely placid' guarantee.

I've had a few people call and email and so he is probably sold, but nothing is definate yet.

While I'm posting in a Water Python ad thread, it might be worth saying that I have at least one gravid female and all going well the first babies should be ready around mid to late December.

Thanks for looking :)

OMG, that is just about the best rainbow effect pic I have ever seen. Oz really does have the most amazing and beautiful pythons. Some snake don't need to be hyredised

Davo

The drop of water in the middle of the orange scale?

Hey I am only trying to help. It does look like a tick or a mite. If not that is good. I am NOT being nasty, just trying to help. I LOVE the snake, I would buy it if I could.

Yes it must be the drop of water. Please do accept my appology, the way it is shaped and that the bottom looks dark, looks like it's head. That IS an amazing camera. In the past I have had both ticks and mites on my reptiles, sorry for being cautious. I am sorry.

It's certainly not a tick. Ticks are extremely rare on captive bred animals kept indoors, etc etc etc, but even if it was a tick, it wouldn't be right in the middle of a scale. If you're curious I can dig out the full sized version of the picture and post it, but I think even the minimised picture I've posted makes it pretty clear that it's a water droplet. There was a fair bit of dew when I had the snake out yesterday morning, I remember noticing that the droplets looked very pretty on the snake in the sunlight (yeah, I love rainbows :p ).

No mate look I do believe you. I know ticks and mites are on the edge of the scale where they can get to the snakes blood. Please do accept my appology. I have had a massive infestation 2 years ago when we kept ALOT of herps. They can come from new snakes or in our case when I moved up to Toowoomba to be with Tennille, we had a bad infestation just from moving. I am in no means trying to put you or your snakes down, just trying to warn you if you did not know of them, thats all. I would buy that snake if he was still for sale. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

No worries, I wasn't angry, thanks for your concern :) The site is running slowly and I submitted my last post before the previous two of yours.

Thats cool. Good to see you have such an awesome Water python. Please if he is not sold just pm me your bank details and how much to send him to Qld. and I will pay for him on Monday. I thought Davo was cranky, not you. Bloody awesome pic and even better snake!!!!! Ticks and mites come easier than you think, just ask afro how bad he had it back in early 2004. That WAS a bad year for the little buggers!!!

I'm putting him back up for sale, so, *bump*

No tyre kickers, please. If you want to email or PM with questions, that's fine, I'm happy to talk herp, you don't need to pretend to want to buy something and I'll be much happier about talking the next time if you don't.

I also have an unrelated female available, similar age and size, but with a different temperament :lol: She is a great feeder on rats. PM/email if interested.

Nikki: I had phone calls and emails before you posted and had him on hold for one person, then another, so didn't offer him to you. As you posted in the thread first when it went up, I'll give you first preference. Send me an email or PM if you're still interested :)

Juvie Waters for sale

Hi,
Please let me know how much your hatchlings will be going for...Also freight to Tasmania and for vet checks to include "chrypto". I am looking for a Water Python, although would prefer sub adult. Oh yeah, and they must be males......cheers

Hi Danda,

I'm not sure how much the hatchlings will be this year, but I'll be making them fairly cheap. They should be ready somewhere between late December and mid January. Have the laws changed to allow people in Tasmania to keep pythons?

A couple of people have told me that I seem to be implying certain people when refering to tyre kicking. I wasn't trying to say anything nasty about any of the people who have contacted me in this thread, sorry if I gave that impression.

I won't name him here, but to the person who called me almost immediately after this thread went up, no, I'm not angry at you either.

To the couple of people who contacted me about their own tyre kicking experiences, thanks ;) :lol:

water python babies

hey, i am really interested in buying a baby if you end up having them late this year. u said u thought your female was gravid. if so, how much would you sell the babies for .. each that is. i only want one. thanks so much. also i live in brisbane QLD. would u freight, and what do u reckon would be the rough amount to do that. thanks heaps. melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back