• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Juvenile Male Water Python For Sale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering the same thing, lesdonaghy ;) None of mine are at full size yet. My largest is a little over 9', which makes her the largest one I've ever seen. She is currently a few months short of five years of age and probably has a little bit more growth to come. I'm guessing that if I hadn't bred her she would be larger than she is (producing three large clutches of eggs has probably have taken resources away which could otherwise have been put into growth). People talk about 10 and 11' Water Pythons, and while I don't doubt they exist, they're not common and I'm yet to see one. The average length in captivity is larger than in the wild, probably around 6-7' with 8' not being uncommon (adults under 6' are not uncommon either). Their length is similar to many types of Carpet Pythons, although they are usually more heavy bodied. I have adults which are only about 6' in length and will probably never get much bigger, the difference is the amount of food I gave them. Aimy (my largest one) is a spoiled Princess who I have always been fairly generous to, which is why she grew to a large size at a fairly early age. I have another one which I'm giving a lot of food to and some juveniles I'm growing up on moderate diets, so it will be interesting to see their sizes in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back