Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found this little beauty on our patio! My first thought was a baby monitor, but now I'm thinking some sort of skink? Sorry, I'm not exactly brilliant at identifying lizards :p If its any help I live in South East QLD

IMG_1494.jpgIMG_1492.jpg

I saw one out front of my boyfriend's place on the road the other day! They are really beautiful - I don't think they are rare though.... I put him in the garden :)

They are pretty common in the wetter suburbs,They are handy to have around the garden as they are snail eaters.

Yes, it is a Pink Tongue Skink - they are kind of like a tree climbing Blue Tongue. They aren't rare at all in the right areas.

Well our back garden backs onto a gum tree forest, so we get lots of herps! Our next door neighbors have often see Lace Monitors (and they once saw a Coastal Carpet Python), and we've seen a few Green Tree Frogs, and my mum has seen two Yellow Faced Whipsnakes (one of which bit her). The first one was definately a whipsnakes but the second may have been a keelback. My school's nearby and we had 5 visits from Green Tree Snakes this term! As I speak a few lizards are rustling around the bushes, but I cant get close enough to get a picture of them.

I wish we had those kind of snakes down here we only have the extremely dangerous ones(The Kookaburras handle them a bit though). Infact today i saw a Copperhead a big one two.

I wish we had those kind of snakes down here we only have the extremely dangerous ones(The Kookaburras handle them a bit though). Infact today i saw a Copperhead a big one two.

Oh trust me we get the vens as well! At the beach nearby my friends often see Red Bellied Black Snakes, I have to get them to take me along and see them some time! The groundskeeper at my school said he saw a death adder as well.

there nice ive caught one befor. but i didnt keep it at all i just held it for like 10mins.

And the most EXCITING thing we get is about 1 million cane toads :rolleyes: . (For anyone who didnt realise, i was being sarcastic) One night we saw 11 of them in one little part of the garden.

Yeah,Pink Tounge is right,like a bluey,but are smaller and enjoy to climb trees oh and they have pink tounges!!.We get Browns (dogs kill them but don't get poisoned,Weird??),blueys (SOMETIMES),beardies (A FEW),Marbled geckos,shingles,skinks.
Mind you we live near a national park.

Nice pink tongue skink, looks likes a curious little thing as well.

Well our back garden backs onto a gum tree forest, so we get lots of herps! Our next door neighbors have often see Lace Monitors (and they once saw a Coastal Carpet Python), and we've seen a few Green Tree Frogs, and my mum has seen two Yellow Faced Whipsnakes (one of which bit her). The first one was definately a whipsnakes but the second may have been a keelback. My school's nearby and we had 5 visits from Green Tree Snakes this term! As I speak a few lizards are rustling around the bushes, but I cant get close enough to get a picture of them.

You are so lucky mate.

pink tongue is not the only lizard with a prehesile tail, its not even the only lizard in Aus with a prehensile tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back