Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
STUPID QUESTION ALERT :lol:
What is a prehensil tail?
A tail that can curl around and grip onto branches to help climb.

I would love to see a wild Pink Tongue!

I have a new enclosure all set up for them and just have to track down a breeder with a couple of babies for sale

I found 2 more reptiles for you to ID ;)

I found this skink - is it a water skink? Sorry about the bad pic.
IMG_1500.jpg
And something a bit more intimidating :shock: Brown Snake right? Or Taipan? The faces are very similar, but I think its too dark to be a Taipan. Either way, I didnt try to get too close!!! I stayed about 5m away at least and ZOOOOOMED in. It was quite small, at about 1m.
IMG_1502.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it is a Pink Tongue Skink - they are kind of like a tree climbing Blue Tongue. They aren't rare at all in the right areas.

Hey Jonno, slightly off topic but do Blue Tongues climb at all? We've got what I've always assumed was a smallish Blue Tongue living in a drain in my drive way. Last year we came home one afternoon to find it sitting at the door way, but to get there it would have needed to make it's way up 6 or 7 concrete stairs which I thought was odd

thecat they actually can climb if they want to i let mine wander in the back yard (with my supervision) and he climbs up stairs allot its quiet amazing to watch really i was thinking hes not gonna get up that step but he did

Hey Jonno, slightly off topic but do Blue Tongues climb at all? We've got what I've always assumed was a smallish Blue Tongue living in a drain in my drive way. Last year we came home one afternoon to find it sitting at the door way, but to get there it would have needed to make it's way up 6 or 7 concrete stairs which I thought was odd

I have had Blueys & Bobtails climb 3 or 4 feet up chicken wire.

thecat they actually can climb if they want to i let mine wander in the back yard (with my supervision) and he climbs up stairs allot its quiet amazing to watch really i was thinking hes not gonna get up that step but he did

Cool, I thought it would be a lot of effort for it to get up to a barren bit of concrete but there you go.

the first lizard is a pink tongue, the second is an Eastern Water Skink and the third herp is an Eastern Brown Snake....that looks very similar to the eb at Australia Zoo

Cheers,
Scott

Ok so the snake was a brown. Wont my mum be pleased :rolleyes: lol
Ever since she got bitten by that whipsnake she is terrified of snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back