NOT happy!

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by zaphyrr, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MA15plus

MA15plus Not so new Member

That is terrible, I can't believe this could happen to a living creature, AAE should be ashamed. I really hope the little fella shows up

2. Grogshla

Grogshla Very Well-Known Member

hang in there mate!

3. Gruni

Gruni Very Well-Known Member

What do they mean they will call you 'IF' he turns up??? And why the hell can't they locate a package even if it was removed to make room for something else??? People reckon chilli goes through them but it would be nothing compared to the wrath I would be rainning down on their heads. Like you said the snake can't regulate it's own body temp and should hold the same level of priority if not more than any other animal they are transporting. I relly hope you get him fine and fighting fit.

Do you know any elapid keepers with a spare brown snake? The baby ones are just as bad for careless peoples heatlth as the grown up ones. ;)

4. snakelady96

snakelady96 Active Member

This is disgusting of them... Long shot but id be going in there or ringing up (whichever is more convenient for you) and make them check under all the desks, check the planes again, check EVERYWHERE! This nonsense went on about 2 years ago when i sent a bhp to my friend in Cairns. I sent the snake and when he went to pick it up, it was not there but he knows me as a friend so he knew i definetly sent it... Anyway after 2 days of running around everywhere and a million phone calls, he gets a call saying 'oh we found your snake, it was under someones desk'. We were both furious, for it to be under a desk, SOMEONE had to have touched it before hand and his poor animal was in a pillow case in the box under a DESK! no water or heat, bloody disgusting, i try to avoid using AAE whenever i can now but its sorta hard, but we both went off at them, its unacceptable. We pay for a service we expect for them to treat our freight with care. Gees :/

5. cwebb

cwebb Suspended Banned

Wow thats horrible.. i almost bought a snake that would have been flown to bx airport im glad i didnt..
    Do you live here ?

6. pharskie

pharskie Well-Known Member

I had a coastal flown via Sydney today and i guess I'm lucky I work for the courier company who is contacted to deliver all AAE. I had one of the office staff making phone calls all day finding exactly where my little friend was. In the end the guy at AAE kept the box right next to him till it was time to fly to orange airport. Pretty sure I'd loose my cool real quick and someone's head would roll if they lost the box. I hope you have some luck mate. All I can suggest is start lodging official complaints and start asking for people's full names and job titles so they realise where blame for being jerked around will land

7. Erebos

Erebos Very Well-Known Member

Have you talked to the person sending it? Bloody hell I am feeling for you!

Cheers Brenton

8. BJC-787

BJC-787 Well-Known Member

i would ask them to look around as when i had one sent to bathurst, it was in the cockpit for the flight, i know as i was talking to the pilot and he asked what it was and when i told him he said to the other that was what was in that box beside us.

9. damian83

damian83 Very Well-Known Member

Not to say some people arent rough but I have never had a bad experience with aae. everything turns up the next morning and being that there all glass they have never broken anything. Unlike most other couriers including the big, names, who break glass regularly. I hope you find ya new pet. They may have moved it round depending on how much fuel or luggage they had on board. I had a flight from syd to lismore and were 30 kg over had to leave a person behind. Even after moving luggage. How ever if they lose it if you should have insurance on it.

10. zaphyrr

zaphyrr Active Member

Well still no snake, or so I assume. I have been calling the airport since the flight was due to land and no one is picking up. I was told that if it came in I would be phoned, but who knows. I have then tried AAE's after hours number and the phone will ring a couple of times and then I get hung up on. I don't know what else I can do tonight but tomorrow, oh tomorrow....

Cwebb, I do live in Bathurst. I have had animals flown to me before without the slightest hiccup, but it would seem that snakes don't make the priority list. I had no reason to really doubt them until today.

Pharskie if I have half your luck I will be happy! Definitely pays to know the right people! Lol

Brenton I have been in contact with the breeder from the start and i believe they are as concerned as I am :(

To me it just seems like cruelty though... I have used them as I said for transporting animals before (cats and fish) and never a problem. The worst part is that no one is interested in helping.

But they will be tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  11. SteveNT

SteveNT Very Well-Known Member

Maybe if it was a mature Scrubbie they would behave differently............maybe not
    Good luck!

My alb Darwin arrived Saturday (Sydney to Darwin) with no dramas. (with AAE)

12. Venomous_RBB

Venomous_RBB Very Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your day :(
    Hopefully your little one turns up tomorrow morning, for your sake and for the snakes.
    Good luck :)

13. artolicus

artolicus Not so new Member

Oh my God what a nightmare (for both of you!!!!)

Reading about these horror stories makes me so sad!! If they are willing to carry live animals then they better FREAKING show a HIGHER duty of care in looking after the packages and delivering them !!

14. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

give em hell girl

15. mje772003

mje772003 Guest

Any Update?

Thats the shame with AAE they have us over a barrel for flight transportation and they don't care or show any customer service they are just as bad as Australia Post. The funny thing is that they have in the past have an account as a representative talking to use on our behalf but they are nowhere to be heard of on here when one of use has issues even to defend themselves. they are a joke.

16. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

AAE have been taken over by another company recently.doesn't look like they care anymore,always the same when companies get too big

17. mje772003

mje772003 Guest

I was looking at Australian Air Express - Terms & Conditions ( sorry mod's) but it doesn't say anywhere in the the terms and conditions what they may be held liable for their own mishandling of goods. I think you should lodge a formal complaint for compensaiton.

18. Pamahu

Pamahu Not so new Member

Any news on your little guy?
    I really hope he is found safe and in good health from this horrible ordeal.

19. zaphyrr

zaphyrr Active Member

Well, I have phoned AAE this morning and after a little bit of threatening they say they can definately track him to Sydney airport - the girl was actually quite helpful if not very sympathetic.

I then phoned the Sydney depot (who adamantly told me yesterday it left at 8:40am) and they are now saying a python definately left on the 8:10pm flight.

However, Bathurst airport still insists that it hasn't arrived. I even asked the girl I was speaking to to check around the terminal. Negative.

More phone calls, and a bit more threatening. I am determined that I will be finding him this morning.

20. Grogshla

Grogshla Very Well-Known Member

Keep at it mate!!!!
    Thanks for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.