Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense :p

Cheers Paul and Brett - I will go back the next chance I get with a tripod, and go through all the different settings then compare.

Thanks again

I sold my tripod ( like most things I don't look at for any more than 4 weeks lol ) but I wish I had another one , with the macro lens you really need to be dead still , if I can I will try sittign the camera on a wall or the floor etc so its nice and supported.
Another tip is to use the manual focus , I find it a little trickier but it works well for me in most cases.

Haha yeah I realised that you need to be really still while I was shooting with the tammy today. I've got a decent tripod + shutter release remote, so I guess I will use them next time...

Some things with macro - you can't use a tripod - moving objects for one of course. Like a bee or a flower swaying in the breeze.

The Sigma has quick focus - which is a manual focus but is so easy to use... Does the Tamron have that too?

This photo isnt mine, but with permision im posting it( Taken by one of my best mates)

amazing.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few i took with my tamron 90mm on a nikon d90. I used the manual setting but changed my white balance instead of leaving it on auto WB.

levis.jpg

amyae4cropped.jpg

beardiespikes.jpg

GTPscales.jpg

amyae2cropped.jpg

Manapouri
fp,375x360,black,black,box20,l,ffffff.jpg

Just what i would like to see. Next time you go there, get on just a lower angle so you can get all of the mountain tops, with some sky. Its an amazing shot, i really like it its just the top feels left out.

I am with you on that - I believe you and you're right... Unfortunately my GF (who's not even with me anyway) said she LOVED this shot...

But, just for you... Here's Manapouri - Uncut and Unedited and Mountainous background ;)

fp,375x360,black,black,box20,l,ffffff.jpg

PS - would love an 8mm wide angle lens - that would hav done the trick too... This was 14mm... So, can you get me an 8mm, and I'll go back and get that shot again :)

Last edited:
Went to The Melbourne Museum the other week, the kids, Troy and I had lots of fun.
The day before yesty we were at Eastern Beach, I love my new camera, I look forward to learning more about it.

Quel.jpg
Zac in the water.jpg
The Big Wheel.jpg
Blake holding a bone.jpg

Some great pics there guys ..
Jason that amyae got stuck into that eye mate , one of the best eye licking shots I've seen...

I find bugs tricky to shoot , but have been practicing when I can.
Took these yesterday , hand held , onboard flash and was fairly happy with them.
An ID would be good too ?

Macro by Brett Darby, on Flickr

hey brett do you find you get lens shadows? Beause whenever I shoot with the onboard flash I always get them and they are freakin anoying lol.

Here are a few pics that i took over christmas, new years with my new Nikon D3100. Im still exploring all the settings and what the camera can do :) Here are a few of my better efforts.

CSC_0278.jpg
CSC_0247.jpg
Kym and matts, Jan 12 054.jpg
Dec 11 New Years - 5 Jan 12 142.jpg

hey brett do you find you get lens shadows? Beause whenever I shoot with the onboard flash I always get them and they are freakin anoying lol.

Yep I do get it , and yep it annoys the hell out of me too ;)
I find if I take a step back or forward and adjust the lens accordingly I can avoid it , but for any thing real close it's hard to avoid it.
Next on my list of new gear is a new flash and I will most likely get a bracket too , I am sure it will improve my pics a fair bit.

Some one on AP sent me this link Jordan , not quite sure what the tube is but I am going to dig around to see if I can find some thing like and see how it goes ..
Help on what camera for super macro etc

Last edited:
Seriously I've tried every angle imaginable lol!

You have to be lower than the subject - the flash radiates from above and across the lens. So therefore you need to be at a short (but longer distance than you are) away from the subject. The closer you are the more likely you'll get a lens shadow.

Yup, I've had a few great photos ruined by the lens shadow :(. Going to invest in a speedlite one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back