Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I recently bought another gecko and I'm not entirely sure but she looks pregnant. Obviously, she's a little fatty but when she's pressed up against the glass, I can see two distinct white patches on her lower belly. Perhaps this is just part of her pattern though? I'm not quite sure though. I can attempt to get photos when she gets up tonight but does it sound like she could be preggers?

Asian House Gecko. My other AHG doesn't have these lower patterns and he's a male (they are in seperate enclosures just so you know) which is why I was wondering it she was pregnant.

Anyone know how long they are Gravid for? Should I seperate her from my other female AHG?

God damn pet shop giving me a gravid female :p Haha. Back to the petshop to buy another enclosure. This must have been their scheme to make me spend more money ;)

Here are two photos. They aren't of her belly but you can see in the first pic how fat she is. I was handling Salem (My U.Milli) when I decided to photograph Jewel so I put Salem in for added features. Haha. Salem is awesome, contrary to the name she is female and acts like a serrogate mother to Jewel. So caring and kind < 3 Acts the same with my Bearded Dragon hatchling. Anyway, as you can see, Salem wanted out.

Picture808.jpg

Picture807.jpg

Just so you know, she had no tail when I got her. Only got her a few days ago. She's so cute though, has the nicest patterns and just a gorgeous face.

Evidently, you can buy them. Prices vary. I rather buy them than catch them because of parasites and whatnot. She was $30.
I'll sell the babies if anyone wants them. But only in places where wild AHGs are found.

Yep. Still got Cujo. He's been isolated from her this whole time though so it wasn't him that impregnated her.

Apparently, no. But I do have one obviously since I have a U.Milii. But you rarely find AHGs that are a pretty as she, they are usually fully cream and can go transparenty at will. She is indeed a rare find :D

Seems Jewel has two eggs and will pop anyday now. Do you think my other gecko would do anything to the eggs?

Horsy, be careful when putting your Geckos together as even though you bought the AHGs they still in turn, could be Wild Caught Specimens. Thus, they could have parasites or other disease. You do not want these spreading to your U.Milii Gecko.

Just abit of advice. The geckos would not Harm the eggs but could trample them by accident. I dont think you would need an incubator as they hatch at the temperature you live in but remove them, and put them in a container of vermiculite + water (I dont know the weight or volume needed for this species).

have a good one.
Shawn

I have this special liquid stuff you rub all over the reptiles that kills parasites and other things which all my herps get treated with as soon as they arrive.

Okay, thanks Shawn. I'll do that. They wouldn't need too big a container as they are extremely small. Full grown AHGs only get to about 7-10cms.

No Probs- you know what your doing then. Only a Cricket Sized Container or slightly smaller, make sure it is Air Tight!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back