Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
go back to my previous threads - I mentioned the geckos that could be sold

Just rang them - the number is 33414937 if you want to check. They don't sell them and never have.

Well if it's illegal, naturally they are going to deny it. If you think I'm lying then fine, whatever. As I said, why bother lying when you can just catch them from the wild anyway. Maybe you should go see the poor condition of the animals. Like that Bluey for example.

Well he actually said he wasn't allowed to sell them - end of story.

Lol. Why would I lie when it's legal to catch them here? It's a little place called Southside Pet Barn or something like that. In Rochedale. Call away. They also have a massive bluey in a tiny, tiny cage where the poor thing can barely move. Go in and see :)

Why would you support a petshop that doesn't care for their animals very well??? At least deal with a shop that cares more about the animals than the $ (jmo)

To the best of my knowledge AHG's and GTF's are aloud to be caught and kept as long as they are kept in their own area.??The AHG's arnt aloud to be sent interstate and they are not aloud to be sold in any Queensland Pet Shop.Im not calling Horsy a lier but I agree with Mystery and I supply the pet shop in question on odd occasions and he has said he never sold AHG's?He has been reported for the lack of care that the animals are given.
Odie

Green Tree Frogs are allowed to be caught? That's cool. Wouldn't catch one though, just interesting to know.
I'm not lying and I'm pretty much over defending myself. What's done is done. All I'm saying if they know it's illegal, of course they aren't going to go telling everyone they are selling them. But did you see that Bluey? Poor thing. I feel so sorry for it in that tiny, tiny cage.

The Bluey was the reason for the complaint.Horsy heres the laws for Qld about the frogs and taking them from the wild.Im looking for the laws covering geckos in Qld ill post it when i find it.
Odie

Queensland licences and protection

The Queensland governmental departments responsible for frogs are the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS). It is difficult to locate the relevant laws either online or by telephoning the agencies.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the important regulations (as at March 2005):

All frog indigenous to Australia are protected wildlife and cannot be taken from the wild in any form (adult, juvenile, larva or egg) without a permit.
The exception to the above is that a person may take and keep up to eight adult frogs of up to four species but no more than two frogs of any one species "for personal enjoyment". The "taking" (catching) must be done on the person’s own property and the frogs be kept on that property. The frogs can’t be displayed and should there be progeny, the metamorphs must be released at the point of capture within 7 days of metamorphosis.
Frogs from outside Queensland must not be moved into the state without a permit.
The application for the relevant permit is available online but you may need to make a phone call to discover the exact cost. (It is around $50.)

So you can catch a frog if it's in your own backyard and you have a license but you cannot put the frog on display and you can't move it from the block?

Yep Horsy and you dont need a permit as ive quoted again below,

The exception to the above is that a person may take and keep up to eight adult frogs of up to four species but no more than two frogs of any one species "for personal enjoyment". The "taking" (catching) must be done on the person’s own property and the frogs be kept on that property. The frogs can’t be displayed and should there be progeny, the metamorphs must be released at the point of capture within 7 days of metamorphosis.
Frogs from outside Queensland must not be moved into the state without a permit.

Oh yeah sorry. I misunderstood. Reading that "Cannot be moved with a perment" part. I don't think I've ever seen a frog in my yard, only toads =\ Perhaps Green Tree Frogs just don't like my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back