Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm you sent $30 on an Asian house gecko?

My thoughts exactly. By my calculations, I have about $1000 worth of the little critters in my house. They do make great Hatchling stimmie food or as a way to scent a mouse to get hatchlings feeding. They are a bit of a pest around here, I'd hate to think people are keeping them as pets and transporting them around the country where they can gain another foothold at the expense of our native wildlife.

I can remember when they first arrived at my parents house. Slowly the small frogs and native geckoes disapeared from the window-sills as the "visitors" out competed them on the windows for the few moths that appeared.

Money well spent. I'd rather pay $30 for something from a petshop then capture one from the wild myself. It's a personal choice, I made it and am happy with the choice. That's all that matters.

Money well spent. I'd rather pay $30 for something from a petshop then capture one from the wild myself. It's a personal choice, I made it and am happy with the choice. That's all that matters.

lol where do you think the petshop got it???
At least your happy with it though I suppose :)

i'd like to know what petshop? Petshops in Qld are only allowed to sell thick-tailed geckos and rough knob-tailed geckos. They could lose their license for selling any other species.

a pet shop isn't going to raise AHG's to sell as adult's. It would have been caught for sure. I can't believe a Qld pet shop would even bother selling them.

a pet shop isn't going to raise AHG's to sell as adult's. It would have been caught for sure. I can't believe a Qld pet shop would even bother selling them.

You cant believe they would catch a gecko and get $30 for it? :?

It's a load of bs - it hasn't been purchased from a pet shop at all (its illegal). Why would it be worth them risking losing their license over a $30 house gecko. Like I said - tell me the name of the pet shop and I will make inquires. I have never seen them in any of the reptile pet shops in the brissy area.

Lol. Why would I lie when it's legal to catch them here? It's a little place called Southside Pet Barn or something like that. In Rochedale. Call away. They also have a massive bluey in a tiny, tiny cage where the poor thing can barely move. Go in and see :)

It's a load of bs - it hasn't been purchased from a pet shop at all (its illegal). Why would it be worth them risking losing their license over a $30 house gecko. Like I said - tell me the name of the pet shop and I will make inquires. I have never seen them in any of the reptile pet shops in the brissy area.

What law is it against?

I agree it is legal to catch them here, but, illegal to sell them in pet shops in Qld. I'll ring them now, they should remember you shouldn't they? How long ago did you get it and how many did they have?

Well they were selling them. I dunno if they'll remember me. I bought Cujo about ... a month ago now. There weren't many. Just a few next to a Children's python.

I agree it is legal to catch them here, but, illegal to sell them in pet shops in Qld. I'll ring them now, they should remember you shouldn't they? How long ago did you get it and how many did they have?

While you are playing detective, find the law that says its illegal to sell them in petshops.

While you are playing detective, find the law that says its illegal to sell them in petshops.

Hmm exactly. If it's legal to catch them, why is it illegal to sell them?

cris, in Qld we are only allowed to sell three types of childrens pythons - central netted dragon - inland bearded dragons - pink tongue skinks - blue tongues and cunninghams. We get regular checks from national parks and wildlife rangers, they are very strict - if we had anything else we would lose our license. I wasn't even allowed to bring one of my water pythons down - even though it would not have been for sale

You left out any gecko there. I know plenty of petshops that sell U.Milii geckos.

Yeah i know the laws about selling protected animals, AHGs arnt a protected animal in QLD.

cris - I will ring the ranger tomorrow and find out.

So cris do you think they are allowed to sell them?

childrens pythons - central netted dragon - inland bearded dragons - pink tongue skinks - blue tongues and cunninghams

I'm aware of that. I see no mention of a thicktailed gecko in your list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back