Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno I suppose any reptile eating snake will eat banother snake but is there a time frame issue like if they are gonna do it it will be in the first 2 months or whatever?

The cage issue is valid Paul but there is a space (and cost issue) for some people and keeping 2 snakes in a cage is an economy and as we have seen snakes curl up together (certainly seen Gregs MDs and Lutzies Maccies sleep together) but they were brough up together as well

Dunno...very confusing.

Cheers Hawkeye

PS: Did the BHP's eat each other or other breeds?

eating each other.

hi hawks.

the bhps are as follows lol

1 females ate the male during mating time..male was much smaller though.

1 male that was left in the enclosure after mating was complete decided that the eggs were tasty as she layed them..

1 male that had lived his whoile life as a pet in a enclosure with a pet coastal decided that at the age of 7 he didnt like the coastal anymore so gobbled him up..lol

yeah i know that for some there is a space and cost issue, hell there is for us as well. but my view is that the comfort,well being and health should always come first. if you cant provide that for the animal then maybe another animal isnt the right choice at that time.

phil i havent heard of bredli ever eating each other or another snake.
but you are going to have to split them at some stage as you prepare to breed them. may as well be now..lol
cheers paul.

One thing that I think needs to be remembered is that the snakes don't have to eat each other for them to damage each other. I had a coastal take a fair old strike at another coastal after feeding them. If they had been bigger or she had been more serious about it, damage would have ensued. Lots and lots of people keep two or more snakes together with no probs but it is something I will never do again. :)

its not a space thing just thought i might try putting them together to see if they like it

iv put the bredli together and they seem happy but i am keeping an eye on them

Thanks for that Paul, you're right of course it's just that I was hoping to keep them together for another year at least as it will prob be another 2 years before I consider breeding them. Looks like they have a temporary divorce starting this weekend :)

hatchlings together

lol phil

there is a saying that goes ..absence make the heart grow fonder
and yeah it works for reptiles as well..
cheers paul.

Holy cannibalism Batman!

Thanks for the info Paul.......scary that you can't keep BHP's together cos I know they eat elapids. Now thats a tough snake!

Cheers Hawkeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back