Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how far you guys have ever traveled to pick-up one of your scaly friends. Personally the furthest I have ever driven is to Yass, NSW, we were planing to drive to Tamworth from Sydney but the seller lost contact. Anyway, who ever has traveled the furthest for a reptile wins!

the distance i traveled for my BHP was 542 km
male spotted was 151km
Eastern water skninks wer 567 km
and my sis traveled 1362 km for one of my geckos

Canberra - Western Sydney 3 times and another in a month or so 634ks being the larger one of these trips (Onya Kelly) Gecko:)

Last edited:
she was on her way back to qld and picked it up for me (gosford) so that was only a one way trip, but the others should be doubled as we traveled to the location then back home.
so really
1084 km
302 km
1134 km
lol

Mostly from Yass to Sydney (thanks Mr Dicky Knee) lol

I havnt driven more than 2 1/2 hours away to buy a herp, probably wouldnt drive any futher than the airport to buy one these days. Have gone 1000 or so k's(each way) to see them in the wild(not that that is much effort comapared to what many others).

1500km round trip just to drop my 2 x Frillies off at their boarding location for the year.... Townsville - Rockhampton return.

1000km, 15hrs driving and 3 nights away to pick up a blue tongue lol

Traveled from port macquarie to goulburn to pick up a diamond python.
7 hours and nearly 600km not including the drive back.

---------- Post added 15-Jan-11 at 07:38 PM ----------

1000km, 15hrs driving and 3 nights away to pick up a blue tongue lol

lol did it crap gold or something???? thats insane.

i felt like a holiday so went and had a break at the same time lol

Sydney to Adelaide,not by road though.

haha i have thought about this is it even illegal? There are no signs saying you cant take snakes on a plane that i have seen :lol: I would feel much safer transporting some fragile snakes personally rather than risking AAE(not that i have ever had a problem i just have doubts about them handling softer species safely). When you see them hooning around the airport with animals you want to make sure they are in large sturdy containers, someone i know lost a dog because it apparently fell off the transport vehicle or some BS...

I think it is legal. I mean in america people carry their dogs on a plane. Why can't us aussies carry things that aren't going to leave fur everywhere?

I think it is legal. I mean in america people carry their dogs on a plane. Why can't us aussies carry things that aren't going to leave fur everywhere?

It would be illegal if they had thought about it but the signs at the airport dont mention anything about native animals(well none i have seen). Even if it was illegal you would have to be pretty stupid to get caught, im not suggesting kids try this at home but if you are stupid enough to get caught transporting a legal reptile on a plane would you get in any trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back