Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would if it was an International flight. For interstate assuming you had the import/export permits you may not. Have to ask my mate in airport security to have an ask around.

You would if it was an International flight. For interstate assuming you had the import/export permits you may not. Have to ask my mate in airport security to have an ask around.

I know people do it on international flights, thats obviously illegal was just wondering how much if any trouble you would get transporting legal animals that would at most breach some airline transport code crap. I know they cant stop various terrosits treats and being caught with a snake would be extremely unlikely but it would be far safer for the snake.

It is illegal to take them on the plane, however if you are travelling with Qantas you can ship reptiles like a dog/cat you are travelling with.

They only allow one animal, but if you box them up and they can't see what's in there how are they to know.

I helped a friend move down his reptiles from brissie a few years ago, we booked them in with AAE $200 it cost us to ship them, if we were on the Qantas flight they were travelling with $50. If we hadn't checked out bags already it would of been cheaper to buy a qantas flight and ditch the virgin one.

But I've driven 4000 K to pick up animals. Made it a holiday over last christmas.

Melbourne to coffs harbor for 2 coastals and a beardie , 34 hours round trip

i only get 4 days of work every now an then and where i live it would be impossible to drive and get back in time so freight is my only option

other wise id be driving basically from the center of Australia to the edge and back again

Last edited:
a friend of mine picked me up from the train station then we all drove together to clearview to pick up my beardie bout 60k i think so 120k all up. but Yoda is soooooo worth every cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back