Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon,
Why do people call them JAGS though is got me beat. As Camo says RPMs is more better definition.
They are not a Jaguar coloration but are reduced pattern & really that is all.
Cheers Ian.
i think the only person that would possibly have an idea on what the original jags were that came to Oz would be the smuggler. tracing back the time line and a bit of maths and it looks like they would most likely be either coastal or jungle jags.
i purchased mine as a coastal jag a couple years ago and the parents of that jag was "apparently" a coastal jag/coastal as well, with previous history being a mystery.
So if this is the case,if the original "Australian Jag/s" was a jungle jag that would make mine possibly a 88% coastal jag or if the original was coastal jag ,mine would possibly be 100% coastal jag.(i guess we will never find out unless the smuggler speaks up).So ,in theory, i'll be putting a coastal over my girl,so that would possibly make the bubs (at worst) 94% coastals.
i think that is pretty close going off the info i have recieved,but i doubt we will never know for sure,and before all the IPE's jump down my throat,notice i said "possibly" alot.
cheers
simon

Simon,
Why do people call them JAGS though is got me beat. As Camo says RPMs is more better definition.
They are not a Jaguar coloration but are reduced pattern & really that is all.
Cheers Ian.

I do believe the first fellow to hatch one out named them "Jaguar" Carpets

heres a weeeee little one!!

IMG_2382.jpg

That a real nice one Kurt ,
Heres the male i purchased from Simon .
Ill be using him over a few of my best females this coming season.
Roger
IMG_035resizedcropped.jpg

Good luck with him mate! I've still got a while to wait before my little fella will be ready!

Very nice Roger.
Are you able to tell me (via PM if you want) who the Dam was for his clutch.
Would be very interested to find out if our fella is related...

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back