Something in pythons eye

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polsty

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the site got a problem starting to worry but I've been having some problems with my Murray darling python it's not a year old yet but she had been knotting her tail and moving weirdly but today when i took maze out for play time i noticed something in her eye don't know what to do or what it is any help would be great

received_10203835192597326.jpeg

I may be missing it but I can’t see anything wrong in the pic, if your genuinely concerned I would get her checked out by a good reptile vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Closest reptile vet is about 300km away but top of her eye looks as something is stuck between eye and scales

20171128_212702.jpg

Could you circle the area you're worried about? Everything looks fine to me.

I did in the above photo if you click on it you should see it

Oh ok, for some reason that pic wasn't there before o_O

Is it perhaps a stuck eye cap from a shed?

Has she ever been too hot or something to cause the tail and movement issues? E.g. brain damage from heat stroke?

Any chemicals been used near her?

Had a fall?

The odd movement is probably the first concern

What type of substrate you using?
Could it be particulates from the substrate that got in there on the previous shed?

Not sure but if this is causing discomfort it might be responsible for the change in behaviour. I would suggest a vet regardless of your distance. Maybe send these pics to a vet for advice but I wouldn't attempt to remove that. (Might it even come away with the next shed?) Is there any sign of infection?

Her temp has always been good no fall or anything it just changed one-day she hasn't shed since i got her in October store didn't say when the last shed was i won't be trying to remove it may take her to the vet to find out she did have mites when i first got the snake but got rid of them a few weeks ago

Today it looks as if it has moved further underneath you can still see it's raised but hardly see the object shouldn't be substrate as its all pretty big wood chips

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back