Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusrodriguez

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was just playing a round of golf at albany creek golf course in brisbane and i lost my ball into the rough. It happened to land almost on a snake. I was wondering if i could get some help identifying it. He was all black with small purple bands all over him, and was about 2 meters long. I am pretty positive he was a python. Just not sure what type. I tried to get a photo but only had a camera phone on me at the time.
Any help would be fantastic. Cheers

Any two metre python in Brisbane is a Carpet.

...if there is a black and purple python, I want one!

Stupid I know, but Amethyst, ie, scrub python? Escapee?

Maybe he had a few drinks at the Golf Clubhouse ;):lol:

A scrubbie can look black and purple in certain lights....

And Sdaji are you saying you actually want a python?? :lol: i thought they were too lame for you :lol:

scorps: I'm not stirring! If is was a python from Brisbane and it was 2m long, it was a Carpet. If there is some sort of Australian python which is black with purple bands, I do want one, especially if it is a scrubby!

swingonthespiral: I love some types of pythons, my favourite snake is a python :)

jesus: if you have a picture, even a bad one from your camera phone, it will quite likely enable us to give you a definite diagnosis.

Sdaji, I've seen more than one scrubbie that could be described as having 'purple' on it If I was really searching for words. A little bit of irridecence, some moisture, the right light, (ie, early morning light sliding through dewy grass) have had more than one person ask me about 'that snake with the shimmering purple' only to be confronted with a very average lookin scrubby. Im not saying thats what it is, most likey just is a carpet, but nothing in nature is definate. Blackheaded pythons with white heads proved that along time ago :)

My dodgy theory is it's a mutated scrubby cross diamond python. they met between where they are usually found and did the deed and the rest is history. Or mutated scrubby cross jungle... either way i want to see a pic now!

Indeed Sir Rednut...... they seem to have a beautiful purple shining quality when they are launching themselves at you in the middle of a dark night :lol:

Swing: I'll admit, moonlight, moonshine and angry scrubbies don't mix.

Jesus...a purple python hey! I wish you had taken some pics as it sounds very unusual.

Sdaji, I've seen more than one scrubbie that could be described as having 'purple' on it If I was really searching for words. A little bit of irridecence, some moisture, the right light, (ie, early morning light sliding through dewy grass) have had more than one person ask me about 'that snake with the shimmering purple' only to be confronted with a very average lookin scrubby. Im not saying thats what it is, most likey just is a carpet, but nothing in nature is definate. Blackheaded pythons with white heads proved that along time ago :)

Sure, in the right light they can all have a purple sheen, but to get one which looked "all black with purple bands" you'd need not only to get the light correct, you'd also have to filter it through a picket fence or something (so that the light was hitting it in strips, creating bands on the snake), and the scrubby would need to be melanistic (to get rid of the orange/brown pattern all over it so that it could be described as 'all black'. It would also have to be an escapee which just happened to go to the golf course! Assuming Jesus isn't blind, I think we can rule Scrubby out ;)

bitey: could be a well-bruised black snake you reckon? :lol:

I FOUND IT!!

This highly venomous snake is found predominantly on golf courses and is often spotted after patrons finish 19th hole! Highly venomous, the length of this snake varies depending on the amount of alcohol consumed by golfers. Usually only sighted by golfers with a large slice whose balls fall within the snake's territory wide of the course. Will strike if hit on head with golf balls.:lol::lol:

Attachments

• golfsnake.jpg
    golfsnake.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back