Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tan, I believe you just posted 3 pictures of a "Blue-bellied Black snake" in another thread :)

Haha, you could just about have stolen that image straight out of my head, tan :lol:

Jokes aside, did it look even remotely like tan's picture, Jesus? If not, what was the difference? Was the purple 'purple purple' or was it a purplish shade of brown, cream, grey, etc? Where the bands thin? Broad? Regular? Could you tell what colour the belly was? Did the purple look like it was 'marked' on the snake, or did it look like reflected sunlight?

LOL, I was not suggesting that it was the animal in question, just that names are sometimes ill-fitting. That BBBS doesnt appear to have the slightest amount of blue on it IMO, but no doubt up close in real life its a different story (although its still obviously not "sky blue"). If the blue sheen was enough to get this animal named, then maybe its possible that the snake jesus saw did have the marking he says, at least it might have appeared so to him.

unless your way ovr exagerating on size and it was a coulabrid that had a purple look

Sdaji, I am in your head:twisted::twisted:

Rednut, I have actually seen pics of some BBBS that are remarkably blue underneath, but you are right, many are actually more grey looking.

Jesus, I'm sorry if you think I was taking the p*$# out of you but it was just too good to refuse. we are all a bunch of intellectual smart a*&^% here!:lol: You have infact, got us all intrigued by this mystery snake:D

scorps: I'm not stirring! If is was a python from Brisbane and it was 2m long, it was a Carpet. If there is some sort of Australian python which is black with purple bands, I do want one, especially if it is a scrubby!

sdaji i think you are stirring again from behind your white coat:rolleyes:

Sdaji, I am in your head:twisted::twisted:

Rednut, I have actually seen pics of some BBBS that are remarkably blue underneath, but you are right, many are actually more grey looking.

Jesus, I'm sorry if you think I was taking the p*$# out of you but it was just too good to refuse. we are all a bunch of intellectual smart a*&^% here!:lol: You have infact, got us all intrigued by this mystery snake:D
BBB's are fairly common around here and i honestly say I have never seen a blue belly that has any trace of blue on it. I was always under the impression that they were named for the colour resemblance to the "bluing" process used on gun barrels

Sounds like the species in the middle if you ask me......

Striped stockingspilota

Attachments

• twickersx.jpg
    twickersx.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 40
Sounds like the species in the middle if you ask me......

Striped stockingspilota

Fair enough you killed those to protect your family, but was it necessary to skin them? :shock::lol:

Twenty-seven species of terrestrial snakes are found in the Brisbane area. These include the carpet python, common tree snake, keelback, yellow-faced whip snake, white-crowned snake, and small-eyed snake.

and 2 types of pythons

Boa - I meant a Boa Constrictor.

Probably not unheard of to find one in the wild these days...

Common green tree (blue phase) ????

I know about these golfers stories :p

Damn it Eiroc, that avatar of yours just made me look like a fool in front of myself lol went to brush the bug off the screen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back