Venting over Rugby world cup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fugawi

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the sus wins that Ireland have had over Australia and Italy? Amazingly, quarter final 1 is between Ireland and Wales, quarter 2 is between England and France, quarter 3 is between Australia and South Africa and lastly quarter 4 is between NZ and Argentina. The winners of QF1 and QF2 play off in the semis and the winner makes the final. The winners of QF3 and QF4 also play off. This means by an amazing stroke of luck, the final has to be between a northern hemisphere team and a southern hemisphere team. The number one team in the world cannot play the number two team in the final (Aus and NZ). If Ireland had not beaten Australia and Italy, then Australia would have been in QF1 and Ireland would have been in QF3, meaning Australia and NZ could have possibly fought out the final. Can't have that, no northern hemisphere team in the final.

As I said good fortune or suspect??????

You're onto something fugawi - maybe you'll also bring back the conspiracy of the moon landings or at the very least, why the All Blacks didn't win in 1995 (South Africa).

But... Think of it this way...

If the finals had gone as PREDICTED - Australia would have finished TOP of their pool (which they were beaten on the day by a sluggish Ireland team - but it doesn't make the win any less respectable - Aussie just didn't play down to their level, simple!)

QF1 Would be Australia v Wales
QF2 Would still be England and France or - if Argentina had pulled her weight, Argentina and France!
QF3 Would be South Africa v Ireland
QF4 Would have still been NZ v Argentina - unless as said earlier, Argentina had pulled her weight.

So simply - the outcome isn't as expected in ONE pool and that now means NH v SH in the SH!!!

I somehow doubt conspiracy... Because 1) Aussie needed to play down to the Irish level and 2) Italy never really stood a chance against Ireland who fair and square beat them even with poor calls.... On the other hand, South Africa SHOULD have lost to Wales, but Wales in her misery let a soft try through and one call from the ref saw a possible Welsh win... Which takes us straight back to a NH v SH final!

Personally, this has been the best RWC I've ever seen.... It's provided the biggest upsets I've ever seen (sorry Aussie and France) and the minnows are now turning to macros... They've gone from being 145 - 17 to 87 - 7 - they're almost twice as good defensively :)

AND!!! Bathurst clashes with the Oz gae in SUNDAY! It is rigged!!!

Also...

Noted it is the four nations v the six nations (minus Italy and Scotland)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back