1 or 2 heat sources for ackie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
So I'm jst working out a bit of a lighting system for my 1500x600x600 enclosure I'm building for a ackie I'm jst curious of people opinions on wether I should put 2 heat sources in or jst one and have something like LEDs at the other end for a light source? Would one heat source be enough to keep a good ambient temp being that the enclosure is rather big? And does anyone run a thermostat for there ackie?

You'll only need one basking light at one end of the enclosure. Depending on daytime room temps in your home, at this time of year a 75w globe will give you a surface temp of about 55C at a distance of about 250-300mm (based on a similar enclosure of mine). This gives a good temp gradient in the enclosure during the day, they get no heat at night. I also have a 'daylight' globe or a fluro tube in the other end of the enclosure to ensure there's enough light across the entire cage (I usually use a UVB globe here). Get a basking globe that gives a broad light range, this will mean the whole monitors body gets heat at once, there isn't one small hot spot directed at the body which can cause a burn.

im guessing it is a wooden enclosure?
if so i have set up mine with a heat globe at one end and a mercury vapor globe closer to the other end as even though it says its 125 watts it puts out a sad level of heat for its size.

- - - Updated - - -

but yes one heat source is enough but additional lighting in the form of vapor globe or fluro uv tubes are ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back