100% het albino Olive Pair.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, the trick with breeding Olives is getting the temperature right. They can be very tricky to breed in the southern half of Australia, but if you live in QLD or the NT I suppose it would be easier. Olives generally aren't a good snake for a first time breeder, you would be much better off with a Bredls, Inland etc.

I put 3 males over 3 females this year & only one is gravid & that female is Pineapplekittens & yes that is 3 males over them (some serious $ value)...... I believe Neil Sonneman bred like one in 5 or so & wrote the article on Breeding Olives in 'Keeping & Breeding Aussie Pythons' just to give an indication & he is as successful a breeder of big terrestrial snakes as you will find anywhere.......... I can think of One person that breeds the Albinos successfully & that is Gavin Bedford...... all others that have succeeded have only done so sporadically or once... you only hear of the successes......

Should probably also point out that Olive's themselves are hard to breed.....Albino genes are also weaker genes meaning that Albino Olives are harder again.

If it is Olives you like then by that statement a non het Olive should have stronger genes and be a stronger specimen for breeding purposes, if it's the Albino gene you are interested in the perhaps an Albino Darwin trio would be easier and more successful for you...

At least that is how it was explained to me recently. I gave up and brought both lol - a het and an albino olive because I love the Olives and to be honest as much as I'll try I couldn't care less if my beautiful Albino Olive breeds....and 2 sets of Albino Darwins so I can try breeding Albinos with stronger genes and because I can appreciate their beauty on their own.

Hope that helps

Thanks guys, but iv already put the deposit down. :)

Yes they might come across as hard snakes to breed but in willing to take the gamble and challenge. They are wonderful snakes and i am willing to pay the $$$$$ for them. Owning them will be an experience and yes breeding will be hard "Well what iv been told" but i will get around it. Im only 18 so i have many years of breeding and snake keeping to come. :)

cheers

Good on you for knowing what you want and persevering despite so many pointing out how hard it can be.

I enjoyed reading a thread that for once didnt go downhill because opinions were different (this is generally what starts the clashes).

Best of luck!

Good on you for knowing what you want and persevering despite so many pointing out how hard it can be.

I enjoyed reading a thread that for once didnt go downhill because opinions were different (this is generally what starts the clashes).

Best of luck!

We can still start something if you like.... :D

You do move fast Coastalboy! Like Shell said, good on you for being willing to take on a challenge.

Yes i understand that and moving fast can be dissapointing. but as iv recently posted i own birds and some are a REAL challenge to breed. Always have non fertile eggs, Nesting situations Ect: so im guessing it will be the same with snakes get it right and you will be surprised. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back