11kg of Angry scrubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous Scrubbie, a species I would love (and hate!) to work with one day!

If you want a good solid hook, get one off Johnno from ERD. He's on here. They are a good price and they last, very well made.
I don't use hooks very often on pythons, but I know i can rely on the ones i got off johnno they are solid. I'll use them to move rocks, bits of steel plate etc on callouts for vens when you don't feel like sticking your fingers in under something to shift or lift.

haha I know Jonno.
I think I will give up on using hooks anyhow ( unless I get a few Vens) :)

Paul how do you convince him that he needs to go where you want him to go....like back into his enclosure when he doesnt want to go.....and the growth rate....i cant even imagine it......3 years and THAT big eeeeeeeeek

Paul how do you convince him that he needs to go where you want him to go....like back into his enclosure when he doesnt want to go.....and the growth rate....i cant even imagine it......3 years and THAT big eeeeeeeeek

You talk nice to him and hope he listens ;)

what a stunning boy!!

he makes that bin look miniture!!

Hehe he dose a bit... But he will get bigger! , I should use one of those herp measure programs to find out how big he is.

Hehe he dose a bit... But he will get bigger! , I should use one of those herp measure programs to find out how big he is.

Trouble would be getting directly above and getting a good photo....you would need a wide angle lense to fit it all in haha.

Aren't hooks painful for big snakes with all 10 kilos hanging on a 1 cm thick bar?

Just noticed this..... You can't lift a big snake with a hook , only suggest the snake moves in one direction by supporting the snake under the first 1/4 , I guess you would already know this seem you have quite a few snakes.

Oh geez you could hold a comp for best tittle on the last pic,....Din Dins comes to mind lol

Just noticed this..... You can't lift a big snake with a hook , only suggest the snake moves in one direction by supporting the snake under the first 1/4 , I guess you would already know this seem you have quite a few snakes.
I really asked the question to clarify in case kids think they can protect themselves by carrying a large snake around at the end of a pole. I mainly use a hook to drag the animals to the front of my cages so I can pick them up, as a lot of my cages are 900mm deep.

That is how I like to use the hooks for bigger snakes, too. Just slide a bit of snake near you so you can pick it up with your hand. That way my big guys know there is no food on offer.

Bloody hell those are some big snakes! EEeeeekkkk.....pretty though. I wouldn't hold out much hope for that dog if he was silly enough to keep hanging around your scrubs while out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back