Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

Reaction score
just wondering why arent there any big or really good reptile suppliers/breeders like snake ranch and URS in QLD

We are not allowed to set up a registered business with reptiles as such. There are many big breeders in Qld but they don't "trade" as URS, SxR or SR do.

i guess you mean shop fronts? a commercial licence in qld is fairly restrictive to what they can sell, pythons are limited to antaresia. not sure on lizards and gex but you normally only see a small amount of species.

most in qld are hobby breeders. As kupper said, denpythons is one of the best bhp breeders in australia, green effect for gtp's, the list goes on. there are a number of others that advertise on here regularly, and some sponsor this site if you have a look.

i have email den pythons but havent heard anything back yet.
ohh that explains that then id rather buy local then to buy else where which is why i was wonding why we dont have anything like URS and that

Den has been very busy with recent floods ect so shoot him a Pm on this site or joy from scales and tails and she will more than likely pass on the message

i thought that might off been the case bt im in no real hurry but ill probly pm him on here for the hell of it

dont Pm him until your ready , most breeders wont take kindly to having there time wasted or as you put it for the hell of it

I've been wondering the same thing about Victoria.

I've been wondering the same thing about Victoria.

There's a few here as well mate:
Kupper for geckos
Beeman has a steady turn over of antaresias
Roy Pails breeds his own stock as well as having a shop

Their here as well mate if you look hard enough... VHS or Herptrader can point you out to a few more as well

i have email den pythons but havent heard anything back yet.
ohh that explains that then id rather buy local then to buy else where which is why i was wonding why we dont have anything like URS and that

Just spoke with Den. He has computer issues at the moment, so he sends his apologies. He'll try to get back to you tomorrow from a different computer.
cheers
Joy

What makes these "big" breeders better then others? They generally spend less time caring for their animals then the more dedecated smaller guys!

What makes these "big" breeders better then others? They generally spend less time caring for their animals then the more dedecated smaller guys!
Not necessarily. If you make a living off of reptiles then they have to be well looked after. Saying that the "big breeders" don't care about the reptiles is a generalization.

If that was the case then their animals would be poor quality, which is Definately not the case. They have to look after their animals its their business, I have bought off a few big breeders and have always been more than happy with what I have received, sometimes its the small breeders that you have to look out for as there are a few dodgy ones floating around.

Wow....thats a sweeping generalisation if ever I heard one.... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back