$20k tree snake stolen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least his missus saw the guy. If the ID picture is any good it shouldn't take too long to track him down, especially with a snake worth that much you would put a reasonable reward up for details leading to apprehension. I know i would for a 20 k animal.

If she saw him, shouldn't it be relatively easy to catch the scum? If he is a herp, it's an easy enough thing to go through photos of pretty much all the well known ones. I would love to know how many people are involved in the Australian reptile thefts, it would be great to get rid of them. I really hope they get this $%*$#

Well there you go,if you are keeping animals worth large amounts like this it is certainly worthwhile to have them insured,and yes ut can be done.

What has me beat is why a 2year old hybrid"soryy non Aussie" chondro would be worthe 20 k?

What has me beat is why a 2year old hybrid"soryy non Aussie" chondro would be worthe 20 k?
Browns,
I'd say that would be the news paper coming up with that kind of figure, if you don't have all the facts why not just make them up!

I'm sure Darren must feel absolutely gutted, to lose an animals like that would be devastating. You would hope that as the thief has been seen he may be identified and hopefully the green recovered.
Unfortunately greens seem to be a prime target, three stolen from a keeper in Darwin a few years ago were never seen again despite a very strong suspicion surrounding one particular person.

Just saw the news report on 10's late news. there is a 2thousand dollar reward 4 the return of it. showed pictures etc. poor guy. he looked sad.

I hope he gets the GTP back and the scum who took it is caught and given the death sentence (well maybe a little extreme but certainly justified)

far out thats shocking it would have to be a professonal snake keeper u would think if they find this guy i think the owner of the gtp should atleast get to kick the theif in the nuts i kick for ever dollar the snake is worth

lol i guess i just ssumed they would be they would probley know what they were stealing and its worth and yeah i think its only fair lol and if it happens ill bet they will be thin y oh y couldnt i of stollen that common blue tounge

well now there is the chondro on the herptrader obviously he decided not to wait to see if he can get it back.

I hope he gets the GTP back and the scum who took it is caught and given the death sentence (well maybe a little extreme but certainly justified)

I'd support the death penalty being given to any adult who steals someone's pet.

lol i guess i just ssumed they would be they would probley know what they were stealing and its worth and yeah i think its only fair lol and if it happens ill bet they will be thin y oh y couldnt i of stollen that common blue tounge

For me, it's not the value of the snake that makes me angry, it's the sentimental value. My favourite snake is a water python, she's not worth all that much, but I wouldn't sell her for $20,000 or trade her for a dozen chondros. I'd be just as angry as I am over this chondro as I'd be if some bastard stole a bluetongued skink from a kid who really loved it.

sentimental value is the hardest thing to deal with. especially if things like this happen. what are the charges if u get caught stealing pets etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back