3 1/2-4 foot Eastern Brown in chook house!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
was having a lazy day at home looking after the 3 kids while the wife is at work, so decided to poke around the back yard under some sheets of iron i had stacked up to make sure no snakes were hiding there and there was nothing, so while i was down the back i thought i'd check the chook house for eggs, and while i was in there make sure there were no snakes either.......well turns out there was.....my laying boxes sit on the ground and like all chook houses there are mice there as well so i have been checking under it once a week for the last few weeks to make sure noone is hiding out, today someone was home and didnt that get the heart going (no more lazy day). Gently put the box back down and raced inside to get a pillow case and to secure the kids and dog, then came back to tackle this little bloke. It has been a while since i've had to remove one so the heart was racing. as my chook laying house is only about 1mt wide and 1.8mt long and1.5mt high it wasnt the ideal place to handle a cranky EB, had one go at him but couldnt secure him safely so pulled him out into the yard to get a better crack at him, after having a few cracks at me i was able to pin his head with my snake hook (i dont use tongs), as my boss was mowing his lawn just over the back of me i thought i'd show him, after a few swear words and calling me a few names once he realised this snake was well and truely alive i got him to hold the pillow case for me LOL. so currently snake is in a pillow case in my cool room(which is not running) to keep him safe till the wife gets home and i can go and let him go.......NOW a question to the relocatores on here, how far can i go to relocate it, if it is let go around here it will be killed by the next person that comes across it. I will take some pics of it when i let it go and post them here

Last edited:
Thats awsome! Just saying... a high percentage of snake bites to relocators are 'through the bag'. Just in case thats all you have it in. In all honesty i would only move it 500 meters max from where you found it. It wont be back... hope that helps :)

Thats awsome! Just saying... a high percentage of snake bites to relocators are 'through the bag'. Just in case thats all you have it in. In all honesty i would only move it 500 meters max from where you found it. It wont be back... hope that helps :)
hey mate i've caught a few in the last 17 years of dealing with vens mostly been EB's and have had a couple have a go at me through the bag, but have been able to let them go where i have caught them but this one is in my little town, i might go over the back of the cricket oval later this afternoon and let it go down by the creek once cricket has finished, my boss told me he killed a 6 footer this morning while he was mowing, plus the one the kids found freshly killed the other day on the way home from school, joint is crawling with them at the moment 3 that i know of in under a week

:? I stumbled upon a 4 foot RBB on it's way into the chook pen the other day.... it was gone by the time I changed my underpants... lol I'd still rather the RBB than a EB.

:? I stumbled upon a 4 foot RBB on it's way into the chook pen the other day.... it was gone by the time I changed my underpants... lol I'd still rather the RBB than a EB.

lol yeah EB's are a handfull thats for sure.....i just let it go on the edge of town and on second thoughts on measurments he was well over 4 foot. i got a quich video with the digital camera i'll try upload it soon

.NOW a question to the relocatores on here, how far can i go to relocate it, if it is let go around here it will be killed by the next person that comes across it. I will take some pics of it when i let it go and post them here

My permit (Qld) states..."Snakes shall be released....in suitable habitat, as close as possible to the place of capture." Probably a reasonable guide to follow.

yeah cool mate i let it go about 500mt down the road in some bush by a creek where there are no houses.

5 km in Victoria
i'll remember for the next one, i'm sure there will be more..... snake man i sent a PM to a last night but my comp stuffed up, did ya get it?

- - - Updated - - -

does a video have to come off you tube or can i up load it straight from my comp?

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=O6rWvyVbSSQ[/video]
let me know if it works sorry for the vision its from the digital camera

[video=youtube;O6rWvyVbSSQ]Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6rWvyVbSSQ[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

That the vid??

thats it mate thanks champ, when i look at my original post of the video it works even if i'm not logged in to the forum.

When he decided to move he really gets the shuffle on doesn't he? :)

When he decided to move he really gets the shuffle on doesn't he? :)
yeah he was fairy lively catching him as well, i was a bit cautious trying to get him out of the bag, i've had them come flying straight back over the bag as soon as i've un tied it, thats not fun

nice snake, and good work for doing a 'catch and release' rather than a 'quick shovel to the head'!

nice snake, and good work for doing a 'catch and release' rather than a 'quick shovel to the head'!
thanks mate someone has to round here otherwise they would all be killed, i got a message from a mate today and he said he just shot a 4 foot brown that was around his house, i said why didnt ya blooody call me, he said i'm not interested in catching and releasing them they are not fish.....and he only lives less than 1 km from me. Thats 3 that have been killed this week in town and one released....people wont even call me to catch them they would rather see them dead

Yeh mate! thats typical human nature rearing its ugly head again 'if it strange or people are afraid of it. they will kill it' bit 'unmanly' if you ask me!

nice job, beautiful snake.

to many people kill them cause they hate them or cant be bothered paying a snake catcher to do it. with the amount of snake killing going around i wont be shocked if more species become endangered and one day disapear altogether.

nice job, beautiful snake.

to many people kill them cause they hate them or cant be bothered paying a snake catcher to do it. with the amount of snake killing going around i wont be shocked if more species become endangered and one day disapear altogether.
i'm happy to remove them for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back