3 Green Tails !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Zulu forgot to say your snakes are beautiful, I don't have a favourite, they're all pretty:)
ouch Jamie:(

Looking good there Col. They're not the most active snakes, but they sure are easy on the eye! I didn't breed anything last year but will be trying that pairing again this year, to see if there are any more of the yellow & green spotted buggers. I sold all bar one of that clutch, luckily mine was one that coloured like that too, so there are a few around. I'll see if I can get a couple of shots to Colin the mod to post on here for me - I'm a tech dunce so haven't cracked the code for posting pics here!

J

They certainly are nice from that batch jamie,shes turned out like some that are in the perfect chondro book with the dark green ,blue and high yellow. The one that was most yellow that looks more the biac type from stuart barnes eventually turned mostly pale green with yellow spots. Look forward to seeing some pics of your GTps,thanks :)

Sorry Zulu forgot to say your snakes are beautiful, I don't have a favourite, they're all pretty:)
ouch Jamie:(

Thanks for helping jamie Kyro,ime very interested to see the parents and young ones he has there.
One pic of the female from jamie on her branch in enclosure,doesnt move around much like he said but is No 1 exhibit.

Here you go - taken this afternoon... bluish girl is the mother, dark green father, and green & yellow offspring. The yellow is a really deep golden colour on the youngster. The mother is a strong hormonal blue when she's gravid - the blue one is a photo of her 2 years ago.

Jamie

Yay!!! I did it! Thank you Kyro for the great instructions!

J

Attachments

• GTPs 20110002 Offspring.jpg
    GTPs 20110002 Offspring.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 68
  • pairing 07 & 08.jpg
    pairing 07 & 08.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 71
Thanks jamie,pictures tell a thousand words,that high yellow offspring is an impressive individual as are the parents.

Love em Zulu, i think its time for me to get a Chondro!

Don't want to hijack Zulu's thread, but it's interesting that some of the babies from that clutch turned green in the normal way, but even if I do say so myself, they were still a gorgeous bright green. About half of them ended up with the 50-50 yellow-green blotching. Mine is a boy, so when I do this pairing again, I'll probably hang on to a few for a while until I can see how they will change. It's obvious from day one of the change - they go scale by scale, rather than starting with a green wash.

I know so little about the genetics of this stuff Michael... please help me out!!! :(

J

Love em Zulu, i think its time for me to get a Chondro!

Yeh they are nice craig,theres no doubt about it mate :)

Don't want to hijack Zulu's thread, but it's interesting that some of the babies from that clutch turned green in the normal way, but even if I do say so myself, they were still a gorgeous bright green. About half of them ended up with the 50-50 yellow-green blotching. Mine is a boy, so when I do this pairing again, I'll probably hang on to a few for a while until I can see how they will change. It's obvious from day one of the change - they go scale by scale, rather than starting with a green wash.

I know so little about the genetics of this stuff Michael... please help me out!!! :(

J

Ime interested as are others to learn about these colour phases.That boy is a little beauty,would look good in my collection :lol:

Hey Zulu, if yours is a girl, I think I sold it to you by mistake! I'll pick her up from you when I'm next in town!!! :) I've got a couple of bredli you can have in exchange:)

J

re 3

Hey Zulu, if yours is a girl, I think I sold it to you by mistake! I'll pick her up from you when I'm next in town!!! :) I've got a couple of bredli you can have in exchange:)

J

LOL jamie,theyd make a good pairing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back