6 foot water python first snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great looking snake mate question do you have a snake hook good for initial contact then the snake knows your going to be moving it , great first snake goodluck

Beautiful snake, I've started using a hook with my jungle, and he's been fine now, I use the hook to get him out, then sit down and hold him and he rarely ever bites now :)

rarely ever bites, lol. i dont have a proper hook, just a big stick with a v on it, perhaps i should get a hook. i still havent held the snake for long, maily just let it cruis around the top of the tank for a bit, then put her back in.

Nice dreads and nice snake has she bit u yet
LOL

I traded my 6ft female water for a pair of "less dangerous" Tasmanian Tiger snakes! :lol: ....best move I ever made with her! hehe.....that said, my male water python is a pussy-cat and an animal well worth keeping! Good luck with your purchase ;)

wow i was freaking out for a minute in your pic you look scary identical to my cousin Matt then i started getting excited that if you were my couisn matt i could come steal that gorgeous snake! congrates!

I think waters can vary so so much. Have known of many demonic ones and some amazingly well mannered ones. I have a 6ft male and he is the most docile snake I have seen, not even cage protective!! It makes me grin when i hear of stories of the "devil inside a water body" and then I reach in and grab mine and he is like bob marley - ccoooollll mon....lol

Just goes to show that whilst various species have common traits, every snake is different. I think there are many reasons why some are calmer than others, but they all have the ability to bite, some are just more eager than others......

If you have a water that is a great handler, as already stated, then they can be a an awesome snake. Mine is certainly one of my favorites.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back