8th Annual Frog & Reptile Expo - Sunday 14th March 2010

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonMel

Reaction score
MEDIA RELEASE

Society Of Frogs And Reptiles Inc (SOFAR)

8th Annual Frog & Reptile Expo

A great family day is planned at Newcastle Jockey Club when SOFAR holds it’s 8th Annual Frog & Reptile Expo, Sunday 14th March 2010

There will be live frogs and reptiles on display, for sale and for a hands on experience by the general public, local pet shops with all your frog & reptile products required, plus market stalls. There will also be live reptile awareness show held at various times throughout the day.
There will be lots of fun entertainment for the kids including a jumping castle and other children’s entertainment, craft stalls and activities and temporary tattoos and much more.
Food and drinks will be available for purchase on the day, with lots of tables and chairs for your convenience.
SOFAR (Society of Frogs and Reptiles Inc) is a group of amphibian and reptile enthusiasts. SOFAR also runs a frog rescue service endorsed by the National Parks and Wildlife Service.

SOFAR 8th Annual Frog and Reptile Expo
Venue: Newcastle Jockey Club (NJC)
Darling St, Broadmeadow
Date: Sunday 14th March 2010
Time: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Entry Fee: 13 years and over $5.00 each
Children 5-12 years $2.00 each
Children up to 4 years Free
Society of Frogs and Reptiles Inc
Phone: 0416 421 455
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.sofar.hl.com.au

Attachments

• medium Expo Poster.jpg
    medium Expo Poster.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 286
we'll be there tooooo..

hey tink...you still havin those APS hats made???? hahahahaha

mmmmmmmm no Family tickets....damn ..........we got 5 kids...... need family ticket lol

I will be there... This will be my first year going and looking forward to it..... sounds like a great day out

What about the auction

I heard there was an auction. So I went on SOFAR's website and there is heaps for auction. There is lots more then last year. Some stuff will be silent auction where you can bid through the day until I think about 11.30 am the higest bid wins, you just have to pay for item and collect before 3 pm. By the sounds of it there will be over 30 stalls this year which includes breeders and business. By the sounds of it stalls are filling fast with only a few left.

I'll be away on a guided saltwater fly fishing trip..:(:D

Just send me some money and I'll bid for you at the auction. I might be able to convince Rodentfarm to put a few Rabbits in the auction if you send enough $s. That way you can have your fun and support the lacal hobby.

Just send me some money and I'll bid for you at the auction. I might be able to convince Rodentfarm to put a few Rabbits in the auction if you send enough $s. That way you can have your fun and support the lacal hobby.

Thats a good idea Warrick..........:D
If the rabbits are 450g each and the bids dont get any higher that $4 each, I'll grab about 50 of them........:D

Are the reptiles sold at stalls as well? or are they only acquired through auctions. I havn't got my license yet and was wanting to put a deposit on one if i like one and pick it up when i get the license.

Are the reptiles sold at stalls as well? or are they only acquired through auctions. I havn't got my license yet and was wanting to put a deposit on one if i like one and pick it up when i get the license.

Yes vendors will be selling reptiles over the weekend.I'm sure someone will look after you regarding holding one until your lic comes through.

Hopefully i can find a couple from Newcastle or The Hunter Valley. I'm not willing to go to Sydney or further to get just one. Does anyone recall a stall selling beardies from Newy or The Hunter Region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back