A correction to the cane toad thread..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tooninoz

Reaction score
Last night I posted a thread relating to cane toads. It was shut down as the mods deemed.

I wasn't asking for methods of killing them. I am aware of the various ways of killing them.

I wasnt seeking an argument between the anti-toad people and the pro-lifers either....

I was looking for a suggestion as to what I could do to actually deter the toads from my property (a suburban block). Has anyone had any success with deterring them? Chilli? Salt?

The bottom line is I want to protect my dogs from the feral pest that is the cane toad.

Please do not turn this into a debate about cruelty. People step on ants, swot flies and kill moths everyday, whilst consuming beef, lamb and numerous other animals.

Let's keep it realistic!

So....has anyone had any success with deterring them?

YEAH A GOLF CLUB.........I also race them in my car ,they are a pest kill them like you would any other introduced pest ..quick and as painless as possible........i cant understand the up in arms and the shutting down of the cane toad thread ,,when the pig hunting thread has been on for a long time .....i dont agree with being cruel to the toads but i do kill them if i find them that is for sure.

Nah, haven't had any success on keeping them out of the property..... I don't think there is much we can do.... just slowly erradicate them! (humanely of course)
If anyone has had some success, we'd looove to hear it!

i have heard a toad proof fence! never seen one though. I think it is only for small properties though

Looks like an excellent addition to the fight ,and far more effective and humane than a golf club. I wonder about non target species but nothing is perfect.

Great, thanks for the links! I dont think something like the trap would be too difficult to build either. At least other creatures could be safely removed too.
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back