A Hard Lesson Learned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re A Hard

Slateman said:
I am sad to read all the trouble this beardies had due bad handling and transport.
On the other side, I am feeling good to be member of APS because of this story. Well done people for support you give when one of us is in the trouble.
Fair Dinkum i dont know about you slatey but ime dying myself orange and going to melbourne so ouzo and behnuke can comb my beard and pamper me,thats the life,eat when you want and fart in the bath YAY :p

hey bex, i hope all is going well with the beardies treatment. Those pics are terrible, have you got any further in having the person charged with animal cruelty?? Even though i am down in geelong if there is anything i can do to help you out let me know and i will do my best. People like your seller need to be shot!!!
good luck bex :)

Gerry said:
Brodie_W said:
Still shouldnt have spent 6k on beardies even if they were from the best breeder in oz!

yeah I dont think its hugely relevant what was paid for them brodie. Its a personal thing and if someones happy to pay it then so be it. The main issue here is the condition of the poor animals

Exactly Gerry, an animal is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it......it is not up to you or me to say whether someone is getting ripped off or not.....everyone has a choice!!!!!!

Hello Bex, sorry to hear of your bad experience, but nice to hear of a positive outcome. Im sure the beardies will thrive in your hands. best wishes Inny :)

Hi Bex, Just wanted to let you know I feel for you and hope all recover.

Linda

Great stuff Beknluke, and all who are helping. Good to see those poor animals are finally getting the treatment (and lovin') they deserve!

Slateman said:
I am sad to read all the trouble this beardies had due bad handling and transport.
On the other side, I am feeling good to be member of APS because of this story. Well done people for support you give when one of us is in the
trouble.

i agree.

Fair Dinkum i dont know about you slatey but ime dying myself orange and going to melbourne so ouzo and behnuke can comb my beard and pamper me,thats the life,eat when you want and fart in the bath YAY

Sure you can come down zulu, Bex and I will take good care of you :twisted:. I'm sure on a diet of cockroaches, eye ointment 4 times daily and cream on your feet, legs, chin and butt you'd be a very happy chappy! Oh, but you do get to fart in the bath :twisted: :lol:

Zoe if you come to my house, I will let you fart in my bath any time LOL.

Basically they're eating and doing all of the normal things that beardies do :)
They're off to the vet again tomorrow morning though a) for a follow up and b) because I am concerned about a few things...
I will know more AFTER tomrrow appoitment.
#6 (Featured in the original nasty pics with some serious gangrene up her right front leg {think it's right, or is it the left?? lol}) laid 18 eggs on Wednesday in a tank NOT set up for laying... Why? Coz neither myself or the VET knew that she was gravid!!! And trust me - I felt them ALL!! Looks like most are infertile, but some are still puffed up so we'll see.
And #9 (a beautiful orange female with an eye that HAS gotten worse :( ) laid 16 eggs last night and had a lovely time soaking in a warm bath afterwards. Again, looks like a decent number of them MAY be infertile, but quit e afew had visible embryos :D
I'm so proud of my lil troopers!!
I will start a new thread when I have info tomorrow on their progress ;)
Bex

thats great bek they must be feeling better if they had the energy to lay some eggs, congrats and its good they are behaving natural.
jason

Yep, and the one that has the large solid bump on its vent? Well, turned out that it was a retained egg that she managed to pop on Sunday after Zo fed her ;)
THEN it started getting all swollen again :( I hadn't felt ANY eggs inside of her (and that one seemd VERY old and purply) and Luke (other half) has just confirmed that she popped ANOTHER one!! :shock:
At lease it looks like it's NOT a cyst :? But I'll be talking all of this through with the vet tomorrow
Bex ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back