Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Pictures Henry. Thank you for sharing.

One thing I will say '2k for a pair of pygmy's', I really think you have been out in the bush too long and have sunstroke. They are most certainly not that price now :lol:

Hahahaha come on Fay, I've been out of the "hobby" and such. It's probably a good thing :-D

Nice find on the snelli!
They are becoming more commonly seen throughout survey sites in the Pilbara now.
The Pilbara always has something different to offer every time im up.

By the way, that Pygmy is ugly compared to the other ones you can find in the area ;)

Would have to agree that the Pilbara is a must see. Best gorges in Australia and I've seen most of them.
And if you can't spot herps there, get a seeing eye dog.
Horrible horrible climate though. Go in Oct / Nov.
I like the photos without reptiles in them ;)

Hey,once again nice work! Is the reason you didn't get big mulga snake because your buckets are too small!??

Niall, you're right about the snelli. You just need to have a few people out flipping rocks, that's how we found the first two I've seen. This one came from a funnel trap.

Magpie, I thought you'd left the forums! And you're absolutely right. Horrible climate. That said, didn't you live in Cairns?

Cement. We did actually get a big mulga snake. You don't often get big snakes in buckets for obvious reasons: they climb right out. The mulga, measuring about 5ft, came from a funnel trap. It was a big animal.

Rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated.
Cairns has a much nicer climate than the Pilbara. Not as stunning though, not by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back